x11. Darkest corners of one's mind

Initiates were patiently waiting to stand all around to whispering or even in common silence, in front of the Simulation room, waiting to be called in for their final test.

Eric Coulter was one of the Leaders being waited inside, given he was supposed to be there a lot
earlier than scheduled
He was supposed to attend some type of gathering before the entire thing starts.
Which Ellie find out only when they came to their destination. He was silent about that, only so that he can be with her this entire morning.

Among the bizarre looks coming after the tattoed leader waving her a fast, emotionless goodbye, she was quick to find her friends and stand in the line. Of course, she was embarrassed by the situation...
But, Eric does what Eric wants. This time it was walking Ellie to the test.
And she decided not to question that.

"Are you alive, girl?", Christina welcomed her into the party. "Is that a new tattoo?", she implored, looking amazed at Ellie's chest.
Except for two dots Ellie had tattooed when they came, there were some changes added to her neck and chest in the meantime.

On her neck, in the area of Adam's apple, the girl now had two straight lines resided.
Beyond, gently landing on every end of her collar bone, two more curved lines rested, hugging the dots.
It was unusual, but it was symbolic and it had a very profound meaning to Ellie.

"Alive and well. Yes, I've got it fixed up a little.", she smiled heartily, standing next to them. "And you?"

"If you'd walk among us Mortals from time to time, you would know!", Will gagged and hugged her.

"I am here and I promise I will make it up to you this week.", Ellie said. "At least we know we'll have all the time in the world after today."

"Until I pass that test, I'm not planning a single thing.", Christina shivered a little for a moment.

"But, you will.", Will ensured her. "We all will."

"Anyway, is it true?", Christina asked her curiously, as always.

"What?", Ellie asked, not sure what she was pointing at, but she could imagine it was about Eric. It always was recently.

"Well, you know.", she giggled, her hand gesticulating Eric and her walking in together today.

Christina didn't want to use the words. They were surrounded by too many curious ears today. Candor was officially gone from her.

"Seriously, Chris, now?", Ellie spoke in a low voice, furrowing her eyebrows and making a sad face.

"Yes, now! When will I get to see you after?"

"It is true.", Eleanor admitted to her, nodding her head in approval. "And you will be seeing me at the Pit tonight."

"You guys are going?"

"Well, I know I'm going.", Ellie smirked.

"Tris Prior.", someone called Beatris to come forward.
Ellie looked at the former Abnegation girl walking. She didn't even realize Tris joined them by now.
But as soon as she did, she went into the room, running courageously towards her fears.