bonus #8

"Shhh, mama sleeping."

Aurora had to bite back her smile as soon as she heard Jayden's attempted whisper at shushing his brothers. She continued to lay still while keeping her eyes closed tightly, wanting them to think she was still sleeping.

But ever since the door to their bedroom had squeaked open that morning, she had already woken up to the sounds of her children's feet on the ground as they tried to keep quiet. Aurora couldn't help but smile when she felt the bed dip as their small bodies came over to cuddle her.

"Mama, wake up," came Xander's gentle voice. She felt their little hands shake her as she continued to fake being asleep.

When she didn't open her eyes, she felt them begin to pat her face, trying to coax her awake. She, again, tried to keep her face straight.

"Mama," whined Jared, sticking his pudgy finger into her nose. Her lips twitched, threatening to smile again, but this time, she was able to hold back the urge to do so. "Wake up."

"Papa, why mama no wake?" Pouted Jayden, turning to look at his father. Both twins had just turned three and were beginning to speak in more complete sentences.

Xavier chuckled, already knowing that his wife had already been awake. He placed the breakfast tray onto the nightstand while holding Ayla in his other arm, who was staring at her older brothers in confusion. She had her favorite stuffed elephant and blanket in one arm while the other wrapped around her father's neck.

"Maybe you should tickle her," Xavier suggested mischievously. "I'm sure that'll wake mama up right away."

Aurora mentally threw curses at her husband as she pretended to yawn and wake up from her sleep.

"Did my morning angels come to wake me up?"

The boys cheered as she finally opened her eyes, each throwing themselves at her, crushing her in a dog pile. Aurora laughed, wrapping her arms around all three boys and cuddling them to her.

"We made breakfast for you, mama," whispered Xander excitedly, despite being squished into his mother. Not that he minded— he loved cuddling with her, especially in the mornings. "Happy anniversary, mama."

It was Xavier and her's wedding anniversary, which was why she was blessed with breakfast in bed this morning. It wasn't something she wasn't used to because occasionally on weekends, she would wake up to the kids helping Xavier with breakfast. Apparently, they were all morning people, just like their father.

"Thank you, baby. You guys made breakfast?" Aurora gasped, sitting up as the boys, too, sat up and moved so that they were now surrounding her, eagerly waiting for her to praise them. Xavier helped Xander place the tray in front of her as Ayla crawled out of her father's arms and into Aurora's warm embrace. "Hi, my sweet girl."

She planted a kiss on Ayla's cheek, causing the little girl to giggle. Maneuvering so that Ayla sat comfortably on her lap, she finally looked at the breakfast that was placed in front of her.

It was evident that Xavier had a few extra little hands helping him in the kitchen that morning. There were two pieces of toast, slightly burnt, with scrambled eggs and sausage links on one plate. The other plate consisted of an odd, lumpy-shaped pancake that was filled with sprinkles and chocolate chips, which was probably the twins' doing, doused in a bunch of syrup that one would think that the syrup was the main dish. There was a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a cup of coffee for her as well.

Regardless, she loved it and was going to eat it all.

"You guys made pancakes?" She asked with a smile as the boys nodded in unison. "They look delicious— I love the sprinkles and chocolate chips. Who's idea was that?"