Chapter 12: Sophie

Deep breath Sophie. Calm down. It's just Fitz. He walked up to me, and tears started forming in the corner of my eyes. All the bad memories came flashed before my eyes in a second flat. Every fight we'd ever had - which there were sadly many - but worst of all, the memory of Fitz kissing Marella. He walked up and I realized my hand was hanging off the chair as he tried to hold it to kiss, but I glared at him and snatched my hand away. I saw Biana glance at me wearily. Fitz's expression turned misty. I glared at him as he opened his stupid mouth to talk. The mouth he'd kissed one of my friends with.

"Look Sophie-" He started, but I held my hand up coldly. "I don't want to hear it."

"Please Sophie. Just let me explain."

I sighed. Maybe some part of me might always love him. "Fine."

"Look Sophie, I know what I did was wrong. But it didn't mean anything to me! I guess I was just upset. I've known you forever and you've never mentioned Deck, so when he came to the palace I saw him come out of your room, and I-I thought that..."

That's when I lost it. And honestly, it felt good. I'm not proud of it-but it did.

"YOU THOUGHT I'D WHAT FITZ? CHEAT ON YOU? OH, THATS JUST LOW. SO YOU DECIDED THAT BECUSE YOU HAD A SUSPICION THAT I DID SOMETHING - WITH NO ACTUAL EVIDENCE I MIGHT ADD, THAT YOU WOULD CHEAT ON ME? YES. BECUSE THAT MAKES EVERYTHING OK." 

He looked stricken. I never raise my voice. When I was little, I was taught that it was un-lady like and as I got older, I came to realize that it wasn't just un-lady like, it was a horrible thing to do. As relieved I felt after I yelled at someone, their hurt etched on their face was never erased from my memory. Especially since I had a photographic memory. I sank back into my chair, and put my hands to my temples. "You can go now. And his name is Dex." I hissed. He walked away with his head dropped a little, but I honestly didn't even care anymore. Everyone was staring at me, and I realized just how loud I'd been yelling. I got up and nodded to everyone at the table, barely able to contain my tears, and fled the dining room. 

I should've finished this chapter and posted it last night. Ugh. Well hope you like it!

-LoveBooks151515