CHAPTER 70 : THE THOUGHT

"I'll check on Scorp" Sirius said as they were about to eat breakfast.

"He's alright, right Healer Lupin?" Ron asked and Diana only gave him a small smile.

"We'll see" She said and Ron ate his food still thinking about how Scorpius saved Neville's life.

"What did happen?" Diana asked them, the six of them looked at eachother, and Draco started to talk.

"He saved Longbottom, the dagger was supposed to be on Longbottom's way, but Scorpius being Scorpius, he went in front of Longbottom, and it hit him" He explained.

"I see, how is Neville?" Diana asked them.

"He's fine, but Scorp's not, please Mum, can you check on him as well?" Archer said with pleading eyes.

"Your father would be down here any minute, we'll ask him, alright?" Diana said, and before Archer can nod, Sirius went down.

"He's still sleeping, but he's fine", Sirius said, and Diana smiled.

"Finish your food faster, there will be a meeting here today" Diana said and the six of them nodded.

When they were finished Diana washed the dishes will Sirius dried them.s

"What do you think Happened to Athena and Remus?" Regulus said from the door, he was leaning at the door frame, and he was eager to know where the two went after last night.

"I don't know" Sirius said, now wondering where the two went last night.

"We'll know the answer to that if one of them, or both of them appear at the meeting, but if they don't then I'll check our flat at Yorkshire, then you check her flat at Muggle London" Diana told Regulus and he gave a small nod.

The three waited for Remus, and Athena when almost all the most trusted order members were at the room, but they weren't there.

"Where are they?" Diana asked Tonks who was beside her.

"I have no idea, I thought they apparated here last night" Tonks said, and Diana looked at Regulus from across the table.

"Where could they be?" Diana said under her breath and looked at Sirius.

"Well let's start" Dumbledore said, but they weren't paying any attention, all they can think of is where the heck is Athena, and Remus.

"Sorry if were late" Remus said as he and Athena appeared at the door.

"No worries Remus" Dumbledore said with a smile, Sirius, and Diana looked at eachother and gave eachother knowing looks.

Athena sat down first and she was followed by Remus.

Remus would give Athena glances and Athena would try to concentrate.

When the meeting was over Tonks nodded to them before she left with a playful smirk on her face.

"You have five minutes" Regulus said as he put his feet up the table.

And Sirius gave them a knowing look, while Diana licked her lips looking at the two.

Athena and Remus looked at eachother and Athena rolled her eyes.

"We're friends, alright?" Athena said.

"For the first time, I'm not buying that" Regulus said ad he stood up and gave Athena a smirk.

"We are" Athena said glaring at Regulus, but Regulus' smirk only grew wider.

"Then why are you wearing his sweater? As I can recall, you don't fancy that colour, now explain to me AJ, why are you wearing red?", He asked, Athena knew him to well it was a test, a game.

"It's not red, seems like pink to me", Diana countered.

'I'll thank Diana later for saving my arse' She thought to herself, as Regulus smirked.

"Point made, but I wonder where the two of them were last night, they didn't return here, and if I'm not mistaken you were injured" Regulus said.

"For starters I wasn't injured I was unconscious" Athena corrected.

"Aha! So you're confirming that you were indeed with him last night" Sirius saud and Athena looked at him with a glare.

"No-"

"Save the chit chat, Remus that's your sweater Mum knitted that for you back then" Diana said as she gave Remus a knowing look.

"Pray tell, where the two of you together last night?" Diana asked as she looked at the two with a smirk.

"No" They both denied.

"Prove it" Diana and Sirius said at the same time.

"If we were together last night, then we should've told you, if we were together last night then she should be wearing one of my clo-" Remus cutted himself off when he looked at Athena's sweater it was his, and he sighed in defeat.

"You pushed yourself to death" Diana said using death as a metaphor for truth.

"W- ugh fine!" Athena said and glared at Remus, and Remus smiled sheepishly.

"So you're back together?" Diana asked hopefully.

"No, he just saved me and I owe him" Athena said, and Sirius' smile dropped.

"That's all we're not together, and we will never be together again" Athena said continuing the game.

"Watch out you might eat your words, past might repeat itself you told me the same things back then, remember?" Regulus said, and Diana remembered something.

"Past is Present, and Present is past" Diana said and Regulus nodded.

"It won't repeat, not on my watch" She sais, every word that she dropped was stern.

"We'll see, for now Dumbledore wants the two of you at his office" Diana said, and the two nodded.

"You lost by the way" Regulus said before Athena left.

"I know, and I know there was no way out, for the evidence was inevitable, no chance of covering it" Athena said.

"Therefore I won fair and square" Regulus said, and the two left.

"Their story goes round and round, when will one of them admit their feelings?" Sirius asked as he stood beside Diana.

"After that talk with Tonks, Remus knew he had to win her back the hard way" Regulus said.

"It was the most exquisite destruction of her life" Diana said, and Sirius sighed.

"Love will find them, love will find them when they're ready", Sirius said, and Diana smiled.

Sirius looked at her beautiful smile and thought of something, he would propose to her again, this time properly, and he'll never leave her and their kids ever again.

---

Proposals coming 👀