41- Yule Ball

A/N: Sorry for the long wait! I was going to originally post on Friday but I debating whether to make this chapter into two but in the end, I decided to make it one long chapter. Hope y'all enjoy <3

"Harry. Harry" You knocked and whispered yelled at his door. However, it wasn't Harry who opened the door it was Ron.

"Oh (y/n)! Great to see you. Are you looking for Harry?" He said, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey Ron, great to see you too! I am. Is he here?"

"No, he's in the library"

"Bloody hell" you muttered. "Does he have his cloak here?"

"Yes, he does. Give me a minute it should be in his trunk...Aha, here it is. Whatcha going to use it for?"

"My dad is in the Quidditch field and I don't want to risk being seen out of the castle. I'll give it to you or him when I come back"

"Alright! If he comes back I'll tell him you borrowed it" Ron said as he handed you the cloak.

"Thank you, Ron" Once given you put the cloak over and made your way to the Quidditch field. When you got there Remus was there trying to get on a broom but was afraid to hop on. "Hop on it somewhere towards the middle not in the center center though and grab the broom with a tight grip. That's how Oliver taught me" you informed him.

"That exactly how James used to say it too"

"You were in the Quidditch team," you asked.

"Heavens no but during summer we would play. Me, your father, and your godfather were chasers. Lily was a seeker. Your mother and Mary Macdonald were beaters and Marlene was a keeper. Course it was only after Lily and James started dating that we started playing Quidditch together."

"Mom used to play quidditch?" You asked in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, she was one of the best beaters the Hufflepuffs has seen in years" 

"She was in Hufflepuff?"

"Yeah. You didn't know this?"

"Dad hasn't talked about her and I haven't asked about her. After all, she did leave me a few days after I was born"

"Well if you ever want to know something about her just ask me. It doesn't bother me that you want to know more about your mother" he reassured.

"Thanks, dad but I rather not know at least now"

"Understandable, darling. Chocolate?" He said as he handed you a bar of chocolate.

"Yes. I still wonder how you manage to have so much chocolate" you asked as you took the chocolate from his hand.

"I have my connections...Anyways I asked you to come down cause I wanted to know who your date was. I was going to write to you but I decided not to after all it's better to hear the news than read it. Did he ask you out?" Remus asked with one eyebrow lifted.

"Ummm...no"

"WHAT!?" he cried out, causing you to almost drop your chocolate. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO!?"

"I mean no he didn't ask me out"

"WHAT? HOW? WHY? WHO? Darling, I need details, talk to me"

"He...asked" you stopped for a moment. Before talking again you started pacing around the field.

"He asked Liana out" you finally spoke up. "After dance class and I don't know why he asked her out. I mean I do know how could he not she's beautiful, smart, funny but you know I started to believe you and many others that maybe there was a chance he liked me. I started to believe that and I believed it more after we kissed and hanging out more. I thought he was going to ask me out but here I am going out with Aaron which isn't bad he's sweet, charming, funny, and has an adorable accent but you know I don't find him attractive as I do George. And now I said too much...fuck" you quickly stopped ranting.