My Summer Love

One summer, Mina's parents decided to bring her along to her grandparents house, away from the city of Seoul. It was their hardest measure just to stop Mina from focusing on her gadgets, games and social media apps. Her parents wants her to go out and experience the fresh air and green nature, basically to socialize with others.

Throughout the whole ride, Mina was just listening music from her ipod and trying to sleep all her anger. She stopped using her phone because the signal became bad once they entered the road full of trees which made her more upset.

"Mina, wake up and try to appreciate your surroundings. You can't see sceneries like this in Seoul" her mom nagged at her.

Mina sighed and opened her eyes and looked out the window. It was true, she had never seen such scene before. The green leaves of trees were swaying from the cool breeze of wind. Birds flying and the sky was so blue. It was such an awe for Mina and she can't help but to smile a little.

"We're almost there" her dad announced and Mina sat up straight and rolled down the window. She could already saw a big house in a distance.

As she was looking out the window, her eyes caught two girls who's bringing to baskets full of strawberries. They were both short in height, one has lighter skin than the other. When their car passed by them, the girl with a bob cut stopped on the sidewalk and watched them. Their eyes caught each other.

"Welcome home my son and my daughter" Mina's grandmom greeted and hugged her parents. "I'm glad that you decided to visit me again"

"Of course mom, we promised right? And look who we brought with us.." Mina's mom held her at the back to guide her in front of her grandmom. "Your favorite grandchild.. go on Mina, greet your grandmom"

Mina stepped forward and bowed at her. "Hello grandmom, it's nice to see you"

"Oh! Mina!" she quickly hugged her and kissed Mina's forehead. "You're already a lady. I thought you won't ever come to see me here"

"I'm sorry.."

"No worries! Come on let's get inside so you all can rest, I know you're tired"

Mina came back to their car first to get her bag. When she's about to walk to the house, she almost bumped to someone. It was the girl with a bobbed cut hair and she's alone.

"Oops! Careful.." she said as she held Mina's arm lightly. Mina stared at her with furrowed brows but she just smiled at her. "Are you Madam Myoui's granddaughter?"

"Excuse me.." she tugged back her arm and raised an eyebrow on her. "I don't talk to strangers"

Mina walked out and leave the girl behind. Until she spoke again that made Mina stop on her tracks. "I'm Chaeyoung! There, I'm not a stranger anymore. May I know your name?"

Mina looked back at her in awe. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at her before walking away again.

"The audacity to talk to me!" she grumbled in her upset tone.

They will stay there for two months, as what Mina's mom said but Mina is not even sure if she can survive for that two months. She already spent a whole week just hanging out in her room and talking to her bestfriend, Sana. Mina and her mom would fight everyday because of that, making her days there even worse.

"Sana, I swear! I really want to go back to Seoul.. my mom is getting on my nerves everyday" Mina sighed as she lay down on her bed. "And I also miss the party life, I can't even use my Instagram!"

"Calm down, girl.. you know you can't do anything about that so just enjoy it" Sana's advice but Mina just rolled her eyes.

"How can I-" her words were cut off by the loud knock on her door. "Oh my God! My mom is here again. I'll hang up first"