chapter two

Miyano pov

It's been four years since I was born and I am sure Athanasia has already met Claude . My health is not at the best condition . And the only people who know about my existence from ruby palace is two maids who deliver my food and clean my room.

My room doesn't look like it belongs to a royalty but at least it's convenient to use. My room consist of a small bed , cupboard , desk and a chair. At least I don't have to work for this.

I also made a friend , her name is Rose Robane. She is a distant relative of Robane household. She is really talented in combat and has a great potential. She is honestly the best friend I ever had and I will ever have. I am just glad I got to make a friend like Rose.

She has beautiful red hair and fierce facial structures. Her long lashes and her bangs totally appreciate her beauty .

Instead of master-servant relationship , we have a very friendly relationship . We rely on each other . She is nine year old and she really takes care of me very well because I need extra attention to my health.

My health has always been very fragile due to living in the dusty attic for at least a year and only two meals a day.
I don't have to work for it but that doesn't mean they should treat a child like this. I developed some lungs related problems and I guess I will live maybe a year of two more.

Rose has stole some bread from the main kitchen without getting noticed . And here we were talking to each other and eating our own portion of bread peacefully and chatting

" Hey rose ? "

" Yes ? "

She replied while chewing on the bread.

" You are very talented knight and you will probably find fame in near future "

I told her as she proudly hummed in agreement and smiled brightly while her cheeks were filled . I chuckled at her behavior and continued

" But if you stay here in my side , you won't be able to find the fame and luxury you deserve . Rose "

I said while looking at her eye to eye to show her that I am serious. She gulped the bread and looked at me seriously.

" No , I don't want to leave you side !! "

She replied with determined look clear in her eyes. I know that she won't waver from her decision but she won't be happy like this...

" But ... Please Rose Robane , I request you to leave this unnamed prince side and leave so that you can serve a more better person than me. A person who deserves to be protected by you. So please leave me , a person who is destined to die sooner or later "

I replied her while showcasing my feelings freely to her. I feel a drop of tear leave my eyes but i don't want to cry infront of my first friend.

" I- idiot , who cares if you are unnamed prince or not !! You are the first person to ever rely on me and the first person I could rely on without a second thought . I know you are always sick but as long as I am here I won't let any harm get to you !! Your the best person I will ever serve in my life ... * sniff * do you even know how I would feel * sniff * if I were to leave the side of my prince "

She replied while letting out a river of tears . She is just too precious . I am glad I got her as my first friend but if she stays with me , she would be in danger.

I open my mouth to reply but a sudden itch happens in my throat.

" Rose- * cough * * cough * "

Rose glances at me worriedly and hurries over to my side and pats the back of my neck carefully. She gently slaps the back of my head

" Idiot ! This is also one of my reason as to why I should stay by your side . You sickhead ! Listen your only four year old so act like one ! "

She said while pouting and glancing at me . We looked at each other for a few seconds and bursted out laughing

" Hahahaha, I can't believe I saw the all mighty rose cry haha  "

I told while clutching my stomach and laughing

" Pfft - talks the idiot who was crying like a baby few seconds before . Hehehe "

She replied while also clutching her stomach in pain from laughing too much.

" Oh it's already late , let's go inside rose "

I said while I held my small hands out for her to grab it.

She respectfully grabs my hand and replies

" Of course , your highness "

We smile at each other and head inside.

Author note

Name : Rose Robane

Name : Rose Robane

Face claim : Eris Boreas

Age : Nine

Gender : Female

Personality : a caring tsundere

Status : distant relative of Felix Robane , personal knight of the prince , genius in combat and sword art

Likes : the prince , bread , spicy foods , prince's smile , helping prince etc

Dislikes : how other people treat her prince , not being able to help her prince , prince getting sick , mouse , bugs etc