THIRTEENTH

Eunmi's hands were encased over the microphone, her grip letting loose as she watched her friends scream and sway to the the lyrics from Momoland's 'Bboom Bboom'

Eunmi's hands were encased over the microphone, her grip letting loose as she watched her friends scream and sway to the the lyrics from Momoland's 'Bboom Bboom'. It was rare to see Eunmi out on a sunday night, yet here she was.

Hera laughed aloud, flopping down next to Eunmi as the song ended. Daniel sat on the opposite side of Eunmi, out of breath from screaming lyrics. "Pick a song!" Hera held out the big binder of songs available to sing. Eunmi's gaze racked over to the binder, firmly, she shook her head.

"I have to go use the bathroom..," Eunmi trailed off. "I'll be back though." she flashed a tight grin at the two before she made her way to the door. She opened the door and let herself out of the karaoke room.

As she turned the corner to the bathroom, she heard a conversation she probably wasn't supposed to hear. Eunmi stayed behind the corner of the wall, listening to the people talk.

"C'mon, give us your phoneee." the male drawled out. "We won't do anything." another teased, making Eunmi gag. peeking around the corner, her eyes fell onto a guy swinging his arm over a familiar figure.

"I- I- I don't have it with me," she uttered, fidgeting with her bag. Once the girl turned her head and the dim light hit her face, Eunmi instantly recognized who it was. The guys' arm rested comfortably on her shoulders as they ushered her into a nearby karaoke room.

Once they were out of sight, Eunmi caught her breath, the feeling of guilt fell over her as she just caught some weirdos drag one of her classmates into a vacant karaoke room. Her back clung to the wall, static hair sticking up all over the place.  Shocked, she sunk to the floor.

Her hands found the inside of her pocket, grasping her phone in between her fingers. The pads of Eunmi's skin pressed against the numbers on screen, from memory, she dialed a number.

⤿

"Did you think I was going to come and thank you in tears?" Seojun stood, his feet flat against the hard ground of the earth. His voice traced with uncertainty and annoyance.

"Would you would've done it for me?" Suho held a stone-cold expression. "If it was my mom, would you would've done it for me?" He repeated once more. Seojun scoffed and turned away, bringing his notice to his ringing phone that sat comfortably in his pocket.

"Why is jugyeong calling me?" he muttered after reading the caller ID, this catching Suho's attention. Seojun raised his phone and placed it against his ear, Suho steadily waiting and wondering why on earth Jugyeong was calling him of all people.

"Seojun, you must've picked up quickly because she's your girlfriend. Be here soon, I'll be waiting."

Aeojun's fingers clutched around his tightly phone, lowering it from his ear. "Dammit."

⤿

The three students sat in a triangular formation, the scent of newly printed papers and late night air enveloped the room. "So jugyeong's late, huh?" Sua's boyfriend, Lee Taehoon raised a brow.

"No no," Soojin shook her head. "Jugyeong's not the type to be late.." her shiny black dress shoes tapped on the carpeted floor, in deep thought on Jugyeong's whereabouts.

"Oh wait!" Sua exclaimed, gaining the attention of the other two. She held out her phone so the others could see. "She's calling me right now!" Sua accepted the call and a flashing colored room with loud music and dancing people popped up onto the screen.

Sua gasped, "Is she there without us?" Soojin hummed in slight confusion, questioning what she was watching. Taehoon shook his head, a thought coming to his brain. "Yo, these could be bullies."

The three teenagers looked at each other, pale. Hurriedly, they gathered their things and left the class.