- 78 -

- arabella -

I sat in front of Samuel, watching him ramble about the best ways to raise a child. As if he had one already.

"Do you remember anything from our childhood?" He asked, at this point, it was as if he was talking more to himself than to me. The way he walked side by side with his half drank cup of coffee with a pen in the other hand, occasionally running to his notebook to scribble notes down or 'inspirational' quotes. "I don't!"

Sitting up on the couch, my back was beginning to hurt and I could feel my body beginning to stiffen if I didn't take a small walk. "Sammy-"

"According to Tabitha's therapist, that means I've experienced some type of trauma!" Dramatically gasping and stopping, he finally looked at me instead of his ceiling. "Trauma, Arabella!" He yelled, putting his coffee down and taking a seat besides me, shaking my shoulders a bit. "Childhood trauma!"

"Okay, Sammy." Shrugging off his hands and pushing him back, it was my turn to pace while he sat swallowing what he had discovered. "Those type of conversations belong between you and a therapist-which I'm not, and I don't wish on becoming one."

Samuel chewed on his lip, stopping and looking up. "You really think I need therapy?"

"We all do." I scoffed, holding the bottom of my belly with one hand and putting my other hand on my lower back. "Haven't you been to one?"

He huffed and shook his head, laying on the couch face down. His rambling continued, this time about therapy and how he thinks he needs it and such.

I wasn't really listening to him, but I was just glad we weren't talking about me-or me and Zayn.

Ugh, Zayn.

It has been three full days and he still hadn't contacted me, it made me furious. While he was off somewhere being an asshole, I was here suffering with the weight of his child.

Feeling my legs beginning to tingle, I walked over to his other couch and took a seat, relaxing down against the soft cushions. The weather outside was crazy, one hour is cold and the other is hot. This afternoon being hot, way too hot.

Fanning myself, I saw Sammy get up, muttering curse words as he went to his front door. Maybe someone had knock and I hadn't noticed, either way I had no intention on opening it.

Continuing to fan myself, I then heard a voice all too familiar, the owner of said voice making me freeze. She then came into frame, "Bella!"

Sitting up, it brought me a bit of joy to see her, but then I remember where she was supposed to be and who she was supposed to be with and it made me mad again.

"Doniya." Nonetheless, I greeted her. Giving her a small hug, I watch her take a seat where Samuel was just laying in and couldn't help but voice my thoughts, "What are you doing here? I thought you needed to be in the UK?"

Doniya smiled, accepting the water from Samuel and turning back to me. "Did you really think we'd miss the baby shower?"

I opened my mouth to say something, to ask her where her brother was, but I thought about it a second time. She doesn't need to be put between us, specially because he was her brother.

"Of course." I smile again, feeling my insides swirl from the different emotions I felt. I needed to control myself, to get in check or else I'll end up in the hospital. "Um, so, are you here alone?"

"Just for tonight." She nonchalantly laughs, crossing a leg over the other and sitting back. "Mom and dad will fly out tomorrow afternoon and Waliyha is flying out tonight with Safaa."

"And Zayn?" As if summoned, Samuel appeared to sit besides her, asking the question I was too afraid to ask. He had a small grin, probably thinking his stupid question was a great question. "He flew to London-"

"Samuel, get me a water, why don't you?" I ask, interrupting his loud mouth from spilling any more things. He really was stupid sometimes. Giving him a look, he just sat there confused, with a stupid face on and shaking his head. "I'm thirsty, Sammy."

"Have my water, love." Doniya offered, extending the bottle my way while turning her body slightly to my idiotic brother. "What do you mean? He flew to London?"

"Samuel." Snapping at him, I give him a glare as his mind finally registered what I wanted him to registered a minute ago. "Get me a water."

He stood up slowly and quietly, hands raised and leaving us alone. I change my mind, he isn't stupid sometimes, he's stupid all the time.

"Bella, did my brother flew to London?" Doniya asked in disbelief, putting the rejected water bottle on the coffee table. She looked confused and angry, her cheeks turning more pinkish than they already were. "Tell me the truth."

I sighed and sank into the couch, there was no use on hiding his lies. "Yeah." I muttered, suddenly a wash of sadness overcame me. My eyes stung and I could feel my throat knotting up. "Um, he uh, he said he was going to...he was going to do business."

It was sad at how far we had come and he still felt the need to lie to me. I had thought we had built something, and if it wasn't that something I wanted, at least it could've been trust.

While Doniya paced with raised arms and speaking off in fast english, I sat on the couch watching her with a few tears running down my cheeks.

I felt extremely sad and I didn't even know why. I didn't know if I was crying because I was left alone or if it was because he lied to me.

One thing was set though, I did not want to further our relationship as partners. We were nothing more than just friends with kids, and that hurt me more than I thought it would.

-