I Never Want to Get Rid of You (February 2016)

❤️Thank you so much to SofttZ for this request ❤️

A follow up to Bowie's Birth story

Harry: 22

Camryn: 21Darcy: 4Lennon: 2 1/2August: 19 months Bowie: just born

Camryn: 21
Darcy: 4
Lennon: 2 1/2
August: 19 months
Bowie: just born

He couldn't move if he tried.

It's a good thing the nurse told him that he could stay sitting on the floor outside of Camryn's hospital room until she's out of her operation, so he doesn't have to move.

He can't even think a coherent thought.

What's happened in the past 2 hours? He couldn't answer if his life depended on it.

He feels his chest sputter with another sob as he puts his face in his hands again and rubs at his red eyes.

It's all a blur, but if he thinks back hard enough, he can remember a few things.

His first memory is of him, Camryn, and Bowie in the back of the ambulance. They swaddled Bowie up in a blanket and handed him to Harry. He held him in the crook of one arm and used his other hand to grasp Camryn's cold hand.

She looked paler than he's ever seen.

He remembers that.

He remembers not being able o tear his eyes away from her ashen features. He remembers not wanting to look at her lips because they were pale white and he didn't want to think of her like that.

She was unconscious for most of the ride and if he tired hard enough he could hear a few things that the paramedics were saying to each other.

"...lost a lot of blood..."
"...blood pressure is dropping..."
"...we're gonna need an OR stat..."
"...c'mon, sweetheart...please stop bleeding...we don't want to have to have a hysterectomy..."

He remembers that Bowie started fussing and wouldn't calm down because he wanted his mum, so Harry gently held him up to Camryn's face so that his tiny cheek could rest against hers. For all his life he'll never forget the way Bowie calmed down almost immediately and turned his little face to rest against Camryn's breathing in her scent and completely comforted.

He remembers her blinking awake groggily when they were about 4 minutes away from the hospital.

"Hi honey,"the older female paramedic cooed, brushing some of Camryn's hair back from her forehead, "you're alright. Try to keep those eyes open for me, okay?"

He remembers Camryn whimpering and then shakily turning her head on the gurney to look at him. He was leaning over her, so excited that she had woken up. "Hi, baby girl." He brought his hand up to cup her cheek and gently leaned his forehead against hers.