Chapter 56: High Hopes

Kyra's POV

I sat on the couch in silence, observing every move of intense stress that Kylie made. She had already finished a bottle of champagne in half an hour. She was tipsy, but not completely wasted. Had it been me, I'd have been flat already.

I had a tube of cherry ripple ice cream with me which I dug into. Kylie had stripped to her sexy black Victoria's Secret lingerie and she sat on the king size bed cross legged. Her body was a masterpiece. I hated comparing myself with her because in the end, I found more reasons why the possibilities of my marriage ending were high.

I had changed into a white oversized sweatshirt and red over the knee socks. I felt more comfortable like that than in a nightdress or pyjamas.

"You said you have feelings for my boyfriend, right?" Kylie asked me, staring uncomfortably at me.

"I do. I love him."

"Even though you know he's madly in love with me and he's going to leave you in the end for me?" she asked me confidently as if it had already been decided.

"Yes. Love is love. I can't help it," I replied honestly.

Kylie sighed. "How would you feel if Jayden were to choose me over you?"

"Isn't that obvious? Of course I'll be hurt, but it's his choice. I'll eventually get over it."

"Will you hate him and never talk to him again?"

"Isn't that what you want?"

"Answer the question, Kyra. I need honest answers."

"I'll obviously be mad and cry myself to sleep. Feelings of hate are bound to be there, but I've thought about it and I won't hate him. I'll just leave and never see him again. If I continue seeing him, it'll only hurt more."

"So it's true that you want to go to London next year?"

"No. I've not yet decided on that. If I get divorced, I'll definitely leave."

Kylie covered her eyes with her hands. I wondered what was going on and who had broken her heart. I just wanted to go straight to the point and ask what had happened, but I didn't want to seem desperate. I had to be patient.

"So he won't want to talk to me again and he'll hate me for the rest of his life," she cried.

"Who's he? Do you wanna tell me your story or not? Jayden will be here soon. Maybe you wanna share it with him instead."

"No. Jay can't find out about this. Whatever we talk about stays between us. I know you're not a snitch. Don't disappoint me for your own selfish reasons."

"Did you break up with one of your flings?"

"It wasn't a fling. Why would I be crying my eyes out over a fling," she practically yelled. So it was an issue with one of her lovers.

I scooped some ice cream onto my spoon. "I'm all ears."

Kylie grabbed a pillow and hugged it. She remained silent for a while as if rethinking her moves. Telling me about her lovers definitely wasn't a good move. I had the power to use that against her to get Jayden, but I never played dirty.

"No. I can't tell you. It doesn't matter. It's in the past. I'll get over it. I'll only focus on what I want and that's Jayden."

"Have you ever thought about the idea that he might not choose you in the end?"

"I have. He's been trying tirelessly to end our relationship, but he's hesitant and that's what's keeping me going. I know he still loves me. He's just infatuated by you. Once you leave, he'll forget about you."