Chapter 43

"Don't walk too much." His stern voice can be heard in the whole manor.

"Walking is good for a pregnant lady like me. It will ease a bit when I gave birth." She glared at him. Her mood is getting worse.

She feel like her pregnancy phase past by a bit too fast but she loves every bits of them. Feng Xujin always be there for her.

Fortunately, she don't have any worse cravings for weird food. She is just craving for a normal food. But she has been really clingy towards her husband.

Even from afar, it can be seen that she is basically glowing. Her stomach is huge. But it fits perfectly with her small body. Feng Xujin stay at home for the past month to take care of her.

"Jin Jin three weeks left until our baby could see the world. I've never asked to get out of the manor until today but now I want you to fulfill my wish. I want to see a small lanterns festival in the manor. Please?" Her tone were practically begging.

"Okay."

He thought she is going to ask for permission to go out. Seeing that it is her first time wanting something, he might allow her to go out and of course with him. But she only want a lantern show, he will indeed fulfill it.

—————

All of them in the manor were too busy preparing for the show for their heavy pregnant madam. Their master had instructed to make sure it is safe.

Zhao Mama even book a special lantern for her masters. She want the most special since it is probably the last time Li Wei Wei could spend time relaxing as after this she will focus more on giving birth.

The manor were filled with lantern. It was too bright that it doesn't look like the general's manor. Different kind of lantern grace the manor. Colours brighten the whole household. It was so beautiful that the manor was full of fireflies around it.

"Wow." She let out an exclamation.

Only one word could describe the situation. It was magnificent. She had imagine how it will look like but it was beyond her imagination. She was stunned by the image.

"Do you like it?" Feng Xujin who has been holding her so she could carefully walked finally said something.

"I love it!" Li Wei Wei couldn't believe that he would go to this kind of extent. It must costs lots of money.

"Let's sit first." He led her towards a small bench.

She sit beside him but her eyes can't stopped looking at the view of the manor. It was so different from the day view.

"Start." Zhao Li instructed the servants.

Suddenly several of servants came out and let go of the lanterns. Such a beautiful sight. The lanterns started to flew away. But it was just the first round.

"I want one too." Li Wei Wei look at her husband with cute eyes. Trying to appeal.

He only nodded then Zhao Mam bring her one. She then asked them to help her bring the brush and ink. She wanted to write something on the lantern. It was one of her favourite chinese poem.

I want to be your love for ever and ever,
Without break or decay.
When the hills are all flat,
The rivers are all dry.
When it thunders in winter,
When it snows in summer
When heaven and earth mingle,
Not till then will I part from you.

"Hold it." She instructed him.

Li Wei Wei turn the latern opposite of him. She don't want him to see what she is writing. After writing all of them, she hold his hand and told him to let it go.

"I want to see it." Feng Xujin insisted on reading what she wrote.

"Nope. You cannot read it. It is my wish to the god." She sheepishly smile at him.

At the end, he give in. They finally let it go. When the lantern flew away, the written words turns to his side. His heart flutters so much but he is afraid that she will eventually leave him just like the old senior said.

"Jin Jin."

"Hmm." Her voice shook him away from his deep thoughts.

"Promise me you will take care of our baby, if I unexpectedly you know die.." Li Wei Wei trailed off the last words as she knew he don't like it when she said something like that.

"Don't talk about something like that. I don't like it." He frowned.

"Also you want a baby girl or a boy?" She quickly change the topic when she felt the mood changes in him.

"I don't mind as long as you and the baby is safe." He meant every words that he said. He couldn't live without her.

If he need to choose between her and their baby, he will unhesitatingly chose her. It might seem cruel but if there is no her by his side then what is there to live? He is willing to live with her forever even without a descendant.

But he knew she will choose the baby instead of her own life. So he will fight for both, his wife and his children. As long as they both live, he got nothing else lacking. He would be the happiest man in the world.

—————

P.S.
Got nothing else to write 🤣