chapter 56

Song of chapter- Train Wreck  by James Aurther.

_________________________________________

I walked back into Violet's room with a cup of coffee. I sat down and focused my gaze on her sleeping figure.

" God, these last 48 hours has been hell." I said to her as the sound of the machines drowned in the background.

My heart jumped out of my chest when Violet's hand moved in mine and she slowly began to stir.

Oh my god!!!

I rushed to the doorway and shouted for a doctor before sprinting back in her room with a wide smile plastered on my face. As soon as my gaze found hers, my smile dropped.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, Eric!" She cried out in a raspy voice and winced in pain as she tried to sit up,"Where is Felicity?" She asked worried, but I heard her voice strain so I helped her lean forward and grabbed a glass of water.

She took a deep breath and sipped the glass that I held against her lips. She drank the water slowly before resting her back against the large pillow. Her head leaned against the pillow facing towards the ceiling with her eyes closed.

Her eyes suddenly flew open and her small hand found its ways down to her little bump that was now empty. It was evident by the look in her eyes that all the memories of the night came folding back.

I left the glass back down and sat on the edge of the hospital bed as I reached out for her hand, "Eric..." She trailed off. I knew all too well what she wanted to ask but the no matter how hard I tried to tell her the words refused to come out, but just by the look on my face she guessed what I couldn't say.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at me with sorrowful eyes,"I am sorry love..." I said to her as I wrapped my arms around her. She placed her head on my chested and released a sorrowful howl as her body violently shaked in my arms.

She grabbed my white wrinkled dress shirt in both her fists as she looked up at me with her red puffy eyes, "I can't do this?" She cried as her head fell back against my chest. I held her as tears slid down my face,"Not again..." She said in almost a whisper as she held me tighter.

"I know..." I said in her ears as her cries calmed down.

Her eyes looked like an empty void staring up at the white ceiling,"I wanna close my eyes and sleep forever." She said with stray tears falling down her eyes slowly.

"No, love. I know how much this hurts but we have to be here for each other as well as Felicity." I said to her softly as I carressed her hair.

"I lost my baby. Why did I lose my baby? Why would God to that?" She asked me heartbroken as a river of tears flooded her eyes.

I closed my eyes as I held her head against my chest and my tears began slipping through my eyelids,"I wish I knew." I whispered.

I held her tightly against me for hours  as she cried until her tears dried out and she slipped into a deep sleep. I wiped the tears off my face and walked out the room.

As soon as I looked up I saw everyone seated in the corridor with tears falling from their eyes.

They heard her cry...

Ella walked towards me and wrapped her small hands around my waist. I Leaned my head forward and placed it  on top of hers as I began to cry.

The hot tears that I hid from Violet can spilling out until suddenly I heard I loud cry of a baby.

I let go of my sister and rushed towards the cry desperately, when I got to the other end of the corridor I saw Aunty Jane holding the origin of the cry.

Felicity.

I looked at Aunty Jane with mournful eyes and tear streamed down her face. She placed a howling Fel in my arms. I began to cry harder as I hugged her.

My angel...

I wiped my eyes with my free hand and  began to pacify her, but she wouldn't stop crying.

I guess the day has finally come to do the unthinkable...

"Constant as the stars above, always know that you are love, And my love shining in you,will help you make your dreams come true. Will help you make your dreams come true." I sung to Felicity a song Violet sung to her before. She smiled at me a little before sticking her fist in her mouth as she closed her eyes and was fast asleep.

I smile lingered on my lips as I gentle pulled her hand out of her mouth and walked towards Violet's room but stopped when I heard voices.

《Aunty Jane 》

"Oh my darling." I said to her as I walked into Violet's room.

"Was there a baby crying?" She asked with a lifeless look in her eyes.

"Yes, I brought Felicity." Just the mention of Felicity's name brought life back into her eyes, "I thought it best she goes back home with Eric and his siblings because I think I am too old to keep her for more than 3 days." She laughed as wrinkles formed by her eyes.

"So where is she?" Violet smiled.

"With Eric, she would stop crying so he took her and I believe he is currently singing a barbie song." I laughed and so did she but when the laughter died down I got serious with her.

"Violet my dear, I know the pain. It's something us parents should never have to go through but somehow we find ourselves in it. The pain does gets easier and easier but just not today." I said to her,"but you will never forget your baby and m on somedays the pain will be just as fresh as the day you felt it." I told her as tears fell for her eyes. I grabbed her hand and continued,"But we are strong and we have to live on no matter how bad the pain is, we have to live for the family we have left." I said to her. I hugged her and wiped her tears off her face before I left and Eric entered with Felicity.

We have to live Violet...

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:
Hey guys👋
Hope you all well and good🌸
Sorry for updating all over the place, school has been hectic since I got back
And its depressing😢😫
But I hope you all enjoyed this chapter🦄
Please comment 🙏
Till next time, byezzz😁💕

Meme: