9

Korra

I wish I didn't blush so fast, that I had some ability to keep my emotions to myself. In an instant my cheeks are rosy and everyone sees my feelings as if I wrote them in little notes and handed them out. Asami saw it. She had a front row seat for fucks sake. I just want the floor to part and swallow me up. I smack my head against the lunch table again and plug my ears with my fingers, blocking out the laughter from my friends.
"Oh my god, someone kill me please." I groan.

"That was hilarious!" Mako cackles and pats my back twice.

"Your face is the colour of my tie." Bolin shoves the scarlet red material into my face and I shove him back.

"Shut up. It's all your faults for pushing me to do it." I say. Actually it was my own fault really. I wasn't supposed to bring up that stupid book, I was supposed to have a normal conversation with her but I panicked. Why did I panic? I was talking fine with her earlier in the halls. But when she looks like that, so focused, I couldn't do anything but panic.

"I thought you weren't going to talk about her interests." Kuvira chuckles, shaking her head in disappointment. Well I was planning not to but it just blurted out.

"I wasn't ready! My confidence ran away!" I grumble and slump into my seat. I don't even dare to turn around, I bet I looked so weird. She probably looking at me right now, I've definitely ruined the chances of her liking me. This is so bad.

"So you can walk her late to class but you can't even talk about a book?" Kuvira says.
"You're down worst than I thought."

"It's complicated alright!" I argue back.

"You do realise that you have to complete a project with her." Bolin says.
"And you actually have to speak to her... properly."

"I'm aware." I say whilst slapping him on the shoulder. I thought this would be easier, but it's clear that I'm hopeless when it comes to starting conversations with her. It's when she looked at me, my words tangled and knotted before I could even speak.

It was different in the halls, there were other people around us. Plus the fact that she didn't even give me a side glance that whole time too. By the time that I do compose myself, she'll probably bolt away. With a sigh, I burry my face into my hands.

"Hey, it's alright you know. The worst thing to do is stress about it." Kuvira says and she places a hand onto my shoulder.

I shrug it off.
"It would help if you all stop teasing me. I'm trying and whenever I try I make a fool of myself." I groan again. The bell rings and I really don't feel like going to class at all. I stay seated whilst my friends begin to stand up.

"That's not all true." Mako says. It is though, it's either I'm trying to hard or I'm not trying at all.
"Maybe you should talk about some of her other interests."

"I'll end up saying something completely different." I say, it's hopeless.

"Asami likes cars right, you should talk about driving or so-"

"Bolin!" I hear Kuvira scowl. Cars. Yeah, I know she likes cars. Machines and all that stuff, she's crazy for it and I've heard that she's a good engineer too.

"Oh I'm sorry Korra. Forget I said that."

Their voices were just muffles now, I can't hear anything other than the sharp ringing in my ears. The ringing makes my head envelope in a throbbing headache but I don't do anything to stop it. I just sit there, eyes focused on a tiny scratch in the table. I'm not a fan of cars, yet Asami's probably head over heels for those things.