~90~

"Sit down, you want anything?" Whitey kindly asked as he sat down in a chair across from the couch Brighid sat down.

"No, I'm fine. Just need some advice is all" Brighid said. She looked around at the small quaint cabin to find the walls lined with basketball memorabilia from Tree Hill. A picture of the Scott family with Whitey hung in the middle of the wall. It was clearly a little bit bigger than the other photos.

"So how can I help?" He asked with his eyes wide open and a grin on his face. Brighid fidgeted with her nails before answering "Jake and I- we are- well- I'm jealous he gets to be home with Jenny and he's feeling quite the opposite. We agreed to the long distance so we both can do what we love but it's obviously not beneficial for us. Do I give up basketball after this season? I want this to work" Brighid confessed. Whitey sighed standing up from the couch.

He walked over to the small table in the corner that had a lamp and a few picture frames. He looked around before grabbing a certain picture frame. He handed it to her before sitting down. The photo inside the frame was of the four of them. Jenny in Brighid and Jake's arms with Whitey standing proudly behind them. Brighid was in her cheer uniform and Jake in his basketball.

"You two, reminded me so much of Camila and I. I've been rooting for you ever since" Whitey explained.

"So I give up basketball? I don't want to be like my father"

"Danny was cold and heartless. You won't be like him. Go tell that boy he's crazy to let you go" Whitey said. Brighid smiled, letting out a small chuckle.

"Thank you" she whispered as she gave him a hug. He walked her out, standing on the porch waving goodbye as the taxi she had called pulled away. She flipped open her cellphone to see a few missed calls from Jake. Brighid found it odd that after having the fight they did he would be calling her.

She scrolled through to her voicemail, pressing on the most recent one. She placed the phone up to her ear listening to the recorded message that said:

"Brighid, it's Jake. Jenny's in the hospital for an allergic reaction. If you're still in Tree Hill you should come. If you're in Seattle call me when you get this message" Jake said sounding quite panicked. Brighid looked at the taxi driver, requesting he drive straight to Tree Hill hospital.

When he arrived she threw him a few extra bills not caring about the cost and ran inside to the nurses' station.

"Patient?" The nurse asked unfazed by Brighid' panicked appearance.

"Jenny Jagielski"

"Room 254, right down the hall" the nurse said not looking up from her carts. Brighid slowly rushed down the hall into the room to find her precious baby fast asleep in the bed. Jake was sitting in the chair next to her.

He jumped up at Brighid's presence. He motioned for her to be quiet before exiting into the hall so they could talk.

"Is she okay? What happened?" Brighid asked.

"She's fine now. Had an allergic reaction to one of the candies she brought home from dance. She'll be fine" Jake explained.

"Look. I should have been here" Brighid began. She took a deep breath before the two simultaneously spouted.

"I'm quitting the team"

"We are moving to Seattle"

Shocked at what they both said in unison, Brighid spoke out first. "Moving? Tree Hill is home. If coming back has taught me anything is everyone is here"

"Quitting? Basketball has been your dream? You can't quit" Jake pleaded.

"I went to visit Whitey. I'm so much happier here with you and Jenny than I would ever be playing basketball. Living alone across the country. I'm down after the playoffs"

Jake and Brighid couldn't help but smile. They had both needed this. Jake grabbed her face gently giving her a kiss before pulling away. Brighid beamed from ear to ear. Just as Brighid was about to say something Jenny made a noise and the two rushed back into the room.
———

The last game of the playoffs. It was either be champions or be losers. Brighid bounced the ball, zoning in on the basket. She looked into the crowd to see Jake and Jenny happily cheering her on from the court side seats. She smiled before bending her knees and shooting the ball. She watched as it soared through the air. The seconds flew by, the buzzed beeped loudly and a second later the ball went smoothly in. The team rushed onto the court. Brighid in that moment, could only think about her dad and the training he had done for this moment.

She cherished it for a minute before heading over to Jake and Jenny, giving both of them a hug. She looked back at the court once more, taking it in as it was her last time. She was officially done.