Chapter 13

"Cowards"

The flames upon the two pedestals burned with a flurry which lit up each of the regiments' logo plastered upon a paper thin tent.
The first to approach was The Military Police's Nile Dawk of which Annie had been ordered to join by Y/N.
They were obviously the most prestigious offering a safe life inside of the inner walls and an abundance of resources.
But this also opened loopholes for corruption which The MP's stank of.
Then The Garrison of the Walls's Dot Pyxis approached.They were the largest out of the two with The Scout's high death toll and The MP's top ten requierment scaring off most of the recruits.
Y/N thought about joining them,to him life having close contact with both titans and human civilization seemed exciting but not as exciting as The Scouts.
They were next up and a tall blonde man approached the stage.
He explained dully that most if not all of them who would stay here would die.
He presented horrifying statistics to the cadets,at least he was being honest.
He told them why they were the smallest branch with only about 300 soliders,he told them to expect death of their loved ones,friends or even themselves.
Y/N was mostly unfazed by the man whose name was recognized to be Erwin Smith.

He devoted his heart to their cause and stood there with about 10% of the 104th staying.
Most of them inspired by Eren's sheer determination.
Erwin approached each and every one of them and asked why they had stayed,most giving a shrug or refering to Eren's words.
Erwin approached the ice cold stare of Y/N and when asked the same question as all of the others he quickly muttered-
"Because I believe the scouts have humanity's best interests at heart"
"Y/N Tybur,28 kills during The Trost Incident"-Erwin recited from the paper-"Seems you already have a taste for blood"-He continued-"Welcome to the scout regiment solider"
Erwin handed him the wings of freedom robe that Y/N had heard so much from Eren.

He continued speaking to all of his new recruits until he stepped back up on the podium.
"We believe in Eren's ability to become humanity's beacon of hope,and we believe that in his home's basement there exists an explanation of sorts,so that will be our goal,to one day reach Shiganshina
"But before that we need to reclaim Wall Maria,easier said than done"-Erwin continued-"As most of you have been informed a trail regarding Eren Yeager will be held in the next couple of days,I wil personally inform you of the outcome"-Erwin finished up.
"You will be innotated into the regiment tommorw morning,although"-Erwin read once more from the paper-"Y/N Tybur,Mikasa Ackermann and Eren Jeager will be absent as they will be present in the trial"
"Sir"-The New Scouts shouted as they saluted.

Eren was chained to a metal pole and here his life would be decided.
Y/N wasn't paying much attention to what was being said until his name was called to give testimony.
"Y/N Tybur,please inform the court of what you witnessed"
Y/N had a cold glare peering straight into Eren's eyes.
"I saw a friend protecting his comrades"
"I saw someone who unbeknowst to them had saved everyone they loved"
"Do you belive he was conscious of what he was doing"
"Well,Dhalis Zachary,head of all three branches,what do you think"-Y/N questioned.
Zachary scratched his beard and quickly responded-"Well I wasn't there so..."
"I don't mean it like that"-Y/N continued-"Do you think it'd be logical for him to reveal such a massive secret so non chalantly"
"Stop this cadet he obviously dosen't know what he's talking about"-The MP's Nile Dawk pleaded.
Zachary pulled his hand up to silence Nile.
"You're correct"-Zachary added-"But that still dosen't help us to come to a decision"
"What do you suggest young man"-Zachary asked Y/N in a very friendly tone.
Y/N sighed-"I can't fucking believe my ears"
"You are asking me wether I believe a Titan should be murdered because some men,no, boys have never seen one before or should it's power be used to counter attack"-Y/N explained.
"It's not murder"-Nile tried countering-"We're studying him"
"Yeah because the scouts can't do that"-Eren suddenly screamed as a smile fell on Y/N's face.
"YOU COWARDS"-Eren shouted
"What's the use of having power if you aren't gonna use it"-Eren continued shouting-"If you're too scared to fight for your own lives,then allow me to do that"
"JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND INVEST EVERYTHING INTO ME"
A kick suddenly went across Eren's face making him chip a tooth out of his face.
"Quiet boy"-The famed Levi Ackermann appearead from the crowd.
He continued kicking the shit out of Eren whilst everyone was just watching.
"Allow me to take him"-Levi muttered to Zachary-"If he acts up I can easily kill him"