Chapter 2: Been A While, Hasn't It?

Why'd Cynthia need to leave? Did she do something bad? Well, even if she did, it wouldn't have been on purpose. You're sure of it. You lean in on Cynthia to ask her about it. Woah, her hair smells grea- ...

"Hey, uh, what did you do? Did you keep too many of the books or something?"

Cynthia shook a little bit, closing her eyes and curving her eyebrows down to an almost comical degree to think for a moment. She tries to recollect her past actions, giving it all she can to find out what she did wrong. Not wanting to prolong the silence for much longer, you also chip in to think about the things she might have done, like keeping borrowed books for far too long, or maybe letting Gabite out in the library and accidentally breaking stuff, or she might have annoyed the librarian by borrowing TOO many books. Knowing Cynthia, that was entirely possible. After a few moments of hard thinking, she finally answered.

"Oops. I forgot about this. We're not allowed to eat ice cream in the library, [Y/N]. My bad. Sorry about that, ma'am!"

... Seriously? She brought her ice cream into the library? The little light blue cone with spots of chocolate on it was still in her hands until you stepped in, as if nothing was unnatural about bringing food into a valuable, historic library. For a second, you were surprised, but thinking back, yeah. She really does love ice cream. Almost every time you see her, she's eating one of those cones in hand. It's a mystery how she keeps getting her hands on those things, especially those Unova-imported Casteliacones. But you're glad she enjoys your birthplace region's signature treat. Haven't had the chance to eat one yourself in a while, but asking for it from Cynthia would be... Yeah.

The pair of you walk out of the library together, since she still had to finish her Casteliacone outside. You find a place to sit down near the docks and put your books down on the side of the public bench. You put Larvitar, who was still snug in the bag, beside the ashen white bench that you two decided to sit on. While she eats her ice cream contently, you try to strike up a conversation, which you thought wouldn't be too hard, since she's been abroad in other regions and all. She must have a lot to tell you.

"Hey, Cynthia? Where have you travelled these past few months? Back in May, you just... Up and left, for several months without telling anyone. Including my mom and I. It's almost winter now, autumn is about to end soon. Did you have something important to do?"

"Hmm? Oh, that. I went on vacation with my grandparents to see my mom and dad. We visited the Kalos region for a few months because that's usually the only time of the year I can see my parents. They actually have an apartment rented out in Lumiose City, smack-dab in the middle of the region. It must be nice to be able to see the Prism tower from outside your window everyday..."

Woah! The Kalos region!? She went all the way there to see her parents... Must have been a long trip on the plane. But it must have been worth it, since she can get to see her parents and all. You've never seen Lumiose City before, but you have heard of the Prism Tower, a grandiose, glorious silver shining tower in the middle of central Kalos, supposedly powered purely by electric type pokemon. Pokemon are definitely involved in running it; there's just no way a tower that big is powered solely by machines. You've got to see it someday.

"That sounds amazing. Did you get any pictures of the tower? I want to see what Lumiose City is like."

"Oh... About that. I didn't take any pictures of Lumiose City or the Prism Tower. It kind of went over my head. Sorry about that!"

She's got to be kidding. She went ALL THE WAY to Kalos, and didn't get a single picture of either Lumiose City or Prism Tower? She had to have at least some pictures of the region, right? Well, you can't really picture her to be the type for taking pictures of random views... Wait. Knowing her, it'd probably be...