Chapter 25

You sat in Aaron lap playing with his fingers while you, Aphmau, Aaron, and Zane were at the park.

"Well. That dinner wasn't awkward at all." Zane scoffed. "Seemed perfectly normal to me." You looked up at the sky and recounted what happened at the dinner.

"Melissa! Great to see you!" "Mhm..." She nodded, glaring lightly at Aaron. A painfully awkward silence had filled the air before Zianna broke the silence.

"Ahem...Well. It's so great to see everyone here! Family is so important to the Ro'meave Corporation!"

"Ah well...I'm glad to hear that. Family is very important to the Lewmenca Corporation as well! We take our possibilities very seriously..."

You couldn't help but here a little shade in that comment.

"Really? Because last I remember the Lewmenca Corporations CEO pretty much ignored their son and daughter growing up."

Your ears fell at Aarons rebuttal.

"Ha. Well, Adults have their reasons. Afterall, family should be greatful some take time to put food on their plates."

"Speaking of food, wheres ours?" "Yeah! I'm hunrgy!" You and Garroth smiled, attempting to swerve the conversation a bit.

Yeah, that didn't work.

"Theres more to family than money, Melissa."

"Oh sibling rivalry...It's nice to see it on the other side of the table this time."

"Why? Afraid you'll lose Zane?" "What do I have to lose? It's not my Dad is pressuring me to take over the company." "Hey!"

"Okay! Boys, lets calm down."

"Right...So, Melissa, I take it you are to inherit your parents company?"

"Actually, I'll be inheriting vice-presidency due to my choice."

"Wait...You mean--" "Heres your food!"

"Yay! Thanks! Let's eat!" You smiled, digging into your food.

"Hey...You look fimilar. Don't I know you from somewhere?" Aphmau pondered, looking at the waiter.

"Hm...You look fimilar too. Didn't you give me some questionable Sage advice at some point in my life that but me to the young love of my life?" Another silence filled the air.

"Nah..." Aphmau and the waiter smed before the waiter walked off.

"Oh stop your yammering! Our food is here! Begin everyone talking can wait!"

"What'd you get Auntie Mel~Mel?" You smiled.

"Auntie what?" Aaron growled. You shrunk in your seat.

Okay, yeah.

You should've kept that nickname to yourself at the time.

"Aaron, I'm the middle of two siblings! So trust me when I say that situation was awkward." "Agreed." You nodded.

"Uh...I'm used to those kind of dinners with my family." "Aaron, it was a little awkward..."

"Sorry...It's just...I try to get along with her but she tends to be very...Buisness..Ey...About things? We didn't have a normal childhood. Her parents were always out on business trips."

You frowned.

You couldn't imagine being negected like that. It must've been rough for Aaron.

"I know how that feels. It seems like the only difference is our mom took time to be with us growing up. Anyway...What's the story with the hostility towards you? You a Golden Boy like Garroth too? Wouldn't blame her if---"