37.

𝚃𝚎𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅:

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I don't want to sleep bruh" I said going onto the bed.

"I do so you coming with me" he said getting all comfy, putting his arms around my waist and laying his head on my chest. I had nothing else to do but play with his waves brushing it down.

"Hakeem"

"Shut up Tee, I'm tired" he said smacking his lips.

"I ain't even said nothing yet" I said mugging him.

"Mmmm what Tee" he said groaning.

"Do you like me..." I asked playing with his hair. This probably the tenth time I've asked him.

"No I don't" he said moving his head to face the other side still with his arms around my waist.

I slapped his head and laughed.

"I know you fuckin lyin" I said.

"I know I'm fuckin not" he said.

"You high on oxygen go to sleep" I said going on my phone.

"You sho like me tho" he said smacking his lips and in the next few minutes he was asleep.

Yeah maybe I do.

My eyes opened with Hakeem still at my chest.

"Hakeem"

"WHAT NOW TEE" he said getting mad.

"Tell me why you ain't never took me on a date" I said.

"Because I don't like you" he said licking his lips, walking towards me to sloppy kiss me.

"Fuck you nigga" I said putting my middle finger up at him. Before I could turn around he slammed me against the wall and played with my hair before saying, "talk to me like that and imma fuck you up Tee."

"Meet me at that fancy ass restaurant tho, you want a date imma give it to you" he said walking out the room.

I screamed in silence and got all excited. Great an excuse for me to go home.

I ran out the front door with my sliders picking up my feet and sliding on the floor.

Hakeem: best pack yo shit in a duffel bag because after this date you coming right the fuck back

I rolled my eyes and smiled because I missed the smell of my car wheeeeewww.

I finally reached home and went to my room.

"You ain't been home for more than a week.." shouted Jamal.

"Don't act like you don't know why" I said kissing my teeth.

I went into my wardrobe and picked out my dress. I got out my silk red dress that was wrapped around my waist down to my thigh but was short to my thigh so it had a little bit of cleavage. It was just abit of legs. I grabbed my heals and put them on..

"Tee you got Mail" shouted Jamal.

I ran down the stairs shitting myself because I'm thinking it's my school kicking me out for not attending especially because I've healed from my gunshot wound and still haven't attended class.

Huh it says New York Law Firm at the top. What the fuck do they want.

"Where yo ass going?" Jamal asked me.

"Mind yo business" I said smiling at him.

I went to my bed and sat down while I opened the mail.

Dear Tee Jezina,

It is with great honour that we write to you in the hopes that you will accept our offer to one of New York's biggest Law Firm apprenticeship at 'Kirkland and Ellis"

"what the fuck is Kirkland and Ellis" she thought.

Your Professor has shown us some of your work on Drug Law and Contract Law and we are extremely impressed by your efforts. We believe you will be a great asset to our team. Deadline for your approval is 7th June.

Yours sincerely,
Law Graduate Scholars.

7th of June. It's currently May, they didn't even give me time to think.

Hakeem. Jamal. Kayla. My hood. Ugh.

Hakeem: get yo ass downstairs I'm waiting outside.

Oh shit my duffel bag, I shoved my book, clothes and hygiene stuff in my bag and walked out.

Just as I walked out Kayla was walking in.

"Oooo girl you look good, go get yo mans" she said hyping me up.

"Bitch bye, I can hear Jamal bed calling yo name" I said waving her off laughing.

"You know that bed miss me" she said shouting as I walked out.

Hakeem so not romantic, his weird ass didn't even get out the car to open the door for me.

"Romantic much" I mumbled siting in the passenger chair.

"Girl, Jeniya called using her lil ipad" he said grabbing my neck and pulling me in for a kiss. "Romantic now?"

I laughed and kissed my teeth. He stared scanning my body with his eyes up and down. Then it came out,

"You ain't going nowhere with yo titties all out, ain't nobody need to see what's mine" he said pushing them together.

"I thought you didn't like me" I said folding my arms.

"Yeah I don't but I always gotta keep my hoes in check" he said licking his lips.

I slapped his arm, "I ain't yo hoe, fuck outta here, if anything I'm your girl" oop too bold.

"Oh really, cuh I ain't sure about that" he said leaning towards me and holding my thigh.

"Boy bye, I wanna go eat." I said turning up the radio.

We finally reached the restaurant and my goodness was it expensive. Hakeem was really to spend big money on me, he ain't about to act like he don't like me, if he didn't like me he would take me to Popeyes or some shit.

Unlike before, he got out before me and opened my door with his hand out gesturing for me to hold it. And so I did, and we walked in together.

"You look cute in yo suit" I said looking up at him.

"Shut up, I ain't do this for nobody but you" he said holding my waist.

I blushed abit.

We sat at our table and ordered our food.

"What you want" I asked.

"Where the burger and chips at?" He said, I kicked him under the table.

"Manners, Hakeem" I said staring at him. Ok he looked so fine. His suit looked good on him and when he would allow a smile to slip his teeth were shining shining.

Telling him about my apprenticeship gonna be so hard even if he don't like me.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝙷𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚖'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅:

"I said I want a burger and fries"

"This ain't no chic fil a" she said staring at me up and down.

Guess I got to look at the menu. What the fuck is this fancy red lobster shit. And who the fuck puts shit in it.

"Imma get some water and salad" I said.

"Same as him" she followed.

I smirked, "what" she said. "You really my lil homie" I said staring at her smiling.

"I ain't yo homie, tonight I'm yo girlfriend" she said smiling.

More on Hakeem's POV in the next chapter 😚