Chapter 17 Family First

I got home that night after training and plopped down on my bed, my limbs were sore and aching from the long day of kicking and punching. I plugged my phone in on my bed side table to ensure that it wouldn't die, I forgot to plug it in the night before and by the end of the day it was at 1%. "Charge" I pressured while shaking my phone, the battery charge had been acting weird lately, it never seemed to charge unless it was plugged into a certain charger on a certain outlet. (Real life struggles man) I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling above me, the silence of the room calmed me yet angered me at the same time. The silence was broken by the ringing of my phone, it was an unknown caller. 

"Hello?" I questioned when I hit accept. 

"Ali I- uh I know this is weird but I really need my family." The person on the other end of the line sobbed, it was Robby. 

"Robby... what's wrong!?!" I questioned when I heard the sadness in his voice, I could practically feel his tears through the phone. It had only been a few weeks since I saw him at the fountain, what the hell had happened. 

"I'm b- being pressured into bad things Ali. I don't want to steal, I don't want to betray Mr. LaRusso, but I have to, they are going to hurt me!" He cried out, he sounded scared. 

"Robby what do you mean bad things, and who are these people?!?!" I asked urgently. 

"I- I thought that they were my friends. B- but they just want me to help them steal. I caught them o-on camera and now they are c-coming for me!" He continued to cry out. 

I looked down at my phone confused and frightened, "Well w-what about mom, does she know any of this?" I stated slightly scared for his response. 

"Mom's never f^cking home, she's always with a new guy drunk at some bar, I never get to f^cking see her!" He screamed into the phone as tears continued to stream down his cheeks. 

"Robby... i'm coming over ok, I know your apartment number, call me if they come, call me if something happens, i'll be there soon. Don't leave your apartment." I stated while quickly hanging up and running out the door. 

I knew exactly who these guys were, I had done business with them before, I was 14 when I started with them, I got out of the contract last year but I guess they decided to get revenge on me by going to my brother. "Where are you going?" My dad called out. I hid my tear stained eyes and quickly made up an excuse, "I'm going to hang out with Aisha." I lied. My dad nodded and I quickly rushed out the door and got into the uber that I had called a few minutes before. "Destination?" The women asked. I gave her Robby's apartment building and the address and we quickly sped away, I didn't look back at my apartment because I knew my dad would kill me if he knew where I was actually going, guilt was one of my greatest weaknesses and I could not let it get to me. 

***

"Robby!" I yelled while banging on the door of my brother's apartment. The door quickly flung open and my nose was engulfed by the smell of pizza. "Ali!" Robby cried out while pulling me into another tear filled hug. "We need to talk right now." I stated while pushing myself into his apartment and closing the door behind me. "What's the pizza for" I questioned. "Oh well I uh bought it because it's moms favorite but she had another date tonight and I didn't want to waste it so I stress cooked it" He replied laughing slightly. I grabbed a slice and walked over to the couch, the same one that Robby and I had hid behind while our parents were arguing, the same one we would make forts behind with our babysitter Michelle, and the same one we cried behind and shared our final hug before we were separated.

"Robby you know what i'm going to ask you." I stated while looking over at my brother who was sitting next to me. He nodded slightly ready for what was coming. "Who's Mr. LaRusso and why don't you want to betray him?" I asked. Robby looked up at me with sorrowful eyes before he responded, "I- I got a job at the LaRusso dealership to make dad angry. When I told the two guys about the job all they cared about was how they were going to make some money off of it. I couldn't betray Mr. LaRusso so I tricked them, I caught them on camera and now they are after me. And Ali I don't know what to do." Robby explained while breaking down into sobs towards the end. "Trey and Cruz." I scoffed while pulling Robby into a side hug so he could rest his head on my shoulder. "You know them?" Robby questioned. "I worked with them a few years ago, I got away and I guess they decided they weren't done with our family so they found you, they hunted you down and preyed on your weakness and instability. They're a couple of a$$holes, don't make contact with them ever again alright." I stated with a cold tone, I hated Trey and Cruz more than Kyler and his goons which is saying a lot because I hate Kyler and his goons.