19

Though it was a Friday evening, I've been enjoying the confinements of my own dorm more so than getting blackout drunk with the rest of my friends.

Pansy had asked me at least a dozen times to join them in the common room, and after declining a dozen times as well, her ever-growing attitude pretty much forced me to give in.

It was a single sip of butterbeer later for me — at least six shots of fire whisky for Pansy— that I retreated back into my dorm; without the girl ever realising, as far as I was aware, and Theo too busy taking care of her.

I just didn't feel like I had the time to be enjoying myself after having to find a new plan for Dumbledore, making sure nobody else figured out it was my first plan that failed in the first place, while simultaneously keeping an eye on Malfoy and his stupid cabinet, and not failing my classes.

So, here I was on a Friday evening, my nose buried in a potions book for an essay we had to hand in on Monday, which I haven't even started yet.

The thought of that alone made me groan, head falling back against the headrest of my bed, my legs crossed over each other leisurely as I placed the book in my lap.

A four-page essay on the nature, limitations and resistance of and to Veritaserum just wasn't something that appealed to me, personally. If it was a potion that kills headmasters, it might've been a different story.

I picked up the book again, anyway, adjusting my glasses — that I only wore to read — as I flipped the page before my head shot back up towards the door that had just opened.

I squinted slightly, pushing my glasses on top of my head completely, only to recognise Malfoy walking through the doorway so casually, you'd think it was his own dorm that he just walked into.

He closed the door behind him, seemingly not having noticed me yet. When he did, though, he stilled in his movements, brows furrowing and his eyes falling all the way down to my legs before shooting back up to meet mine.

Absentmindedly, he felt for the wand in his pocket, eyes not leaving mine as he just stood in the middle of the room. It became a bit odd, then.

"Can I help you?" I scoffed, my own brows knitting together tightly as I observed him as cautiously as he did me.

As if the question snapped him out of his own thoughts, he shook his head quickly. "Not at all," He said before continuing his way over to the bed opposite of mine.

It was Daphne's nightstand he rummaged through, then. I wasn't quite sure what he was looking for but didn't really care, either.

Hyper aware of his presence in the room, muscles tense at the memory of our last, rather threatening conversation, I slowly diverted my eyes off of him and back onto the book.

Instead of pushing my glasses back onto the bridge of my nose, though, I took them off completely, placing them on the nightstand right next to my wand. It was when I was hunched over, head facing the door just as I let go of my glasses, that I heard the quiet click of the door locking.

I reached for my wand instinctively, not even a second of hesitation as it slipped into my hand, and I turned back around; just in time to see a jet of scarlet light shoot my way, the only way to avoid it rolling out of bed, the book on my lap landing next to me on the floor with a thud.

The sound was easily overpowered by the lamp on my nightstand shattering as I jumped back up to my feet just in time to deflect the second spell; trying to disarm him immediately after.

The similarly scarlet jet of magic missed him by mere inches as the blonde hurled towards me, arms out in front of him before he forcefully slammed me into the wall beside my bed. Hand reaching for my throat next, my own stopped it mid-air, forcefully jerking it to the side, his left wrist audibly cracking.

He didn't expect the motion, and I took the moment of surprised agony over an injured wrist to push my entire body weight against him, making him stumble backwards.

My wand was pointed right at him now, and I wondered how I'd explain the dead body in our dorm to the rest of the girls when Malfoy recovered a little faster than I had anticipated.

Once more, he lunged forward, this time catching me off-guard as my entire body slammed against the window, looking out into the depths of the lake behind me. His grip on me was firmer this time.

And while I quickly noticed that trying to wiggle myself out of it with a glare wouldn't get me very far, the tip of his wand against my throat turned into a blade sharp enough to make me still in my movements cautiously.

The silent surrender made his lips twitch into a cruel smile as they were only inches from my face, close enough for his minty breath and musky cologne to cloud one of my five senses.

I was glancing down at the dagger-like wand against my throat rather than looking at him for a long moment, noticing my hitched breath and the way both of our chests were rising and falling rapidly.

"I told you to back off, didn't I?" He seethed, digging the blade into my flesh with just enough pressure to draw blood. I could feel the first drop of crimson against my skin as he did so, making its way down my throat, running over my collarbone before disappearing in the low cut shirt I wore.

His gaze followed the single droplet cautiously, lingering on the spot where it had disappeared for a little too long before his eyes snapped back up to mine.

The air in the room was thick, neither of us saying another word; the only sound filling the air around us our panting.

His usually neatly laid hair hung into his face now, the silver locks in just as much of a mess as my red ones were. His eyes were still narrowed, brows knitted together tightly as his tongue flicked over his lips almost nervously.

The subtle motion made me relax in his grip.

I knew he wouldn't do it; he was too much of a coward to do it this way. Too many loose ends, too many questions being asked after the fact.

I knew he wouldn't do it. And I knew, if I wanted to, I wouldn't be in this position anymore.

Remembering his words, a smirk played on my lips as the words left my mouth in a threateningly low voice.

"And I remember telling you that I won't regret a thing." 

A/N:  Pls I'm sorry for the horrible cliffhanger hebjbkj but it's worth it I promise hehe

Thought????

See you tomorrow. <3