Chapter 27

Charlie hadn't slept much for two reasons, number one being overly excited about his chance to travel to New Zealand. Number two being so worried for Buckbeak, he asked Ron to inform him of Buckbeak's execution. In hopes that he and Jessica could do something, even if it meant potentially getting caught by ministry officials.

Jessica didn't want to get into trouble with the ministry again, with her sentence being over recently, but she was willing to help Charlie, even if that meant being in trouble with the ministry again. Though she hoped it didn't come down to the ministry finding them.

Charlie struggled so much to sleep that he stayed downstairs through the night, Jessica crept downstairs once Molly and Arthur had gone to bed. She laid on the sofa with him, it made Charlie feel more relaxed, to her Jessica in his arms, even if his mum wouldn't approve of them laying together, incase Ginny were to walk in.

The next day, Charlie was anxiously waiting for a letter from Ron. Jessica knew he loved Magical Creature but the thought of Buckbeak and an innocent animal being executed for something he didn't do, pained Charlie and Jessica could see it.

"Charlie, you should have something to eat," Jessica said, holding a plate of eggs on toast, Charlie smiled at her, taking the plate from her, grabbing her wrist pulling her down to sit with him.

"Errol should be here soon," Charlie said, looking at the clock.

"How do you plan to get Buckbeak to Romania?" Jessica asked "you know, without the ministry finding out,"

"I'm was just going to fly him there," Charlie said, "once we're out of the UK, the ministry can't do anything about it," he assured her

"I just hope Errol gets here soon,"

As though Errol had heard Charlie's plea, the Great Grey Owl flew towards the house, missing the open window and hitting the closed window. Charlie sighed as he helped Errol up, Charlie read through the letter, hurrying upstairs, Jessica followed behind him. Only for Charlie to hurry back downstairs moments later.

"Come on, we're getting Buckbeak now," Charlie said, he threw Jessica her jumper roughly put his own jumper over his head.

Charlie grabbed Jessica's hand before she even had a chance to say goodbye to his family. Molly and Arthur smiled chuckling to themselves, as Charlie and Jessica left for Hogsmeade. Ginny was disappointed that she didn't get to say goodbye to Jessica, and Charlie too of course.

A few hours passed, Charlie and Jessica arrived in Hogsmeade, they made their way to the forbidden forest, as Hagrid's hut was nearby. Charlie spotted Buckbeak, laid in the pumpkin patch, he was just about to go and unchain him, when Jessica pulled him back, she pointed to the Minister for Magic, walking towards Hagrid's hut.

"Oh fuck this is going to be difficult," Jessica stood wide-eyed

"What?" he asked

"Nothing, I've just never heard you swear before," Jessica said, shaking her head

"Alright, come this way," Charlie said, guiding Jessica around the pumpkin patch, Charlie looked over the oversized pumpkins. Charlie ducked down when he saw the Minister in the window of Hagrid's hut.

"Right come with me," Charlie said, gesturing for Jessica to follow him,

Charlie bowed before Buckbeak, the Hippogriff bowed his head, Charlie handed Jessica the chain, they both pulled him but the hippogriff wouldn't budge. Charlie grabbed a bunch of dead ferrets that were hung nearby, Buckbeak stood up quickly, following Charlie into the forbidden forest, dragging Jessica as he ran fast.

Jessica tripped over a root that was stuck up from the ground, Charlie grabbed Buckbeaks chain, so he didn't run away. Charlie had to refrain himself from laughing, as he helped Jessica up, she hurried him. Once they reached a clearing through the forest they would be free to fly off.

"Right, get on," Charlie said, climbing up on Buckbeak, Jessica looked at the Hippogriff unsure,

"Charlie, I don't know about this-

"We don't have time for you to be nervous," Charlie said, lifting her up laying her over Buckbeaks back,

Charlie made Buckbeak run, Jessica panicked as she was laid looking down at the ground as it they flew higher into the sky. Charlie placed one of her hands on Jessica's back to soothe her a little.

"DON'T BOTHER WITH ME, JUST HOLD HIM," Jessica yelled, wanting Charlie to focus on flying, not making her feel better. Charlie flew further to the ground once they were away from Hogwarts.

"I can't fly us to Romania with you over Buckbeak like this," Charlie said, Jessica got down, to rest for a bit as Jessica felt light-headed after dangling down over Buckbeaks back.

"Alright, just give me a second," Jessica said, trying to steady herself,

Charlie tended to Buckbeak while Jessica rested, he considered Jessica's trip to New Zealand. It was the greatest gift anyone had given him, but he wasn't sure if Jessica would be the best person to go with, it could be very dangerous. He looked over at Jessica she was kneeled down throwing up, he couldn't blame her traveling in the position she was in surely would have made her feel ill.

"Are you going to be okay to fly back home?" Charlie asked, Jessica nodded

"Yes, I'll be fine, come on let's go," Jessica told him,

Charlie helped Jessica up onto the Hippogriff's back, as he climbed on Jessica wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head on his back. Jessica loved the feeling Charlie gave her, ultimate faith and trust in him, she felt a sense of pride having helped to save Buckbeak with him. Together they made a great team.