CHAPTER-37

Candid

It was around 9am when I got up from the bed,the first thing I cared about is Kritika who was not there.
I walked out of the room,it was sunday anyways and we have a wedding in 2 days.I have got loads of shit that are yet to be taken care of. I'm getting to live the life that I actually wanted, I'm happy.I always wanted to lead a normal life away from the spotlight but my life was anything but normal. I'm glad because I have Kritika now,the girl I secretly wanted all the time,the girl who entered into my life for only better and the girl who helped me find myself.I couldn't be luckier as my family likes her too and everyone is just crazy about her including my mom.According to my mother,Kritika has all the qualities she wanted in someone as my bride.She is kind,smart, independent and brave and on top of all this she knows how to care and that is something which saved me. I in a million years would have never imagined that I'm gonna fall for this little journalist from another country.When I broke up with my ex girlfriend,it took me totally and I was all consumed with grief and lonlieness and plus my anxiety that made it only worse.I realize all that had happened only for the best and with her by my side,I no longer feel sad and lonely....I'm a lot happier than I ever was.

I step into the hallway and find her sitting on the windowsill in my oversized hoodie.She had a pen tucked behind her ear and the breeze made her hair fall playfully over her temple.She was busy and looked nervous but above all she looked like a cute and an innocent girl trying to solve math.

"Hey.Good morning babe",I said as I walked close to her.

"Good morning Stefan",she threw a bright smile on her face."But babe?",she started laughing.

"What's wrong?"

"You never addressed  me  like that".

"Okay then get prepared for all the nick names that I'm gonna give you",I said as I pulled a chair to sit next to her.

"Can you help me please?",she said handing me over a notebook.

"What?"

"Do you know how to conver a book?",she asked.

"Who doesn't know that?",I said.
"Wait ,don't you know?"I asked her already bursting into laughter.

"Stop making fun here....I need your help".

"I know how to do it ...even though I was not into studies and stuff like that",I laughed hard this time.

I covered her book and laid it on her desk as she took a quick shower and got dressed up.I was still seated on the windowsill and thinking about how fast my life changed infact how fast last night changed.

"Stefan, I'll be back in an hour", she said as she got dressed in one of my suits.

"Come back soon, I'll pick you up and we'll go have lunch",I said sprinting towards her giving her a quick kiss on her lips.
......................................................................

The girl who promised to return in an hour has made up her mind to stay in her workplace till midnight.It's 2 a.m and I just got a call from her and I'm supposed to pick her up. The wedding is in 2 days and that means she will be leaving NYC in 2 days.I know that I'm gonna miss her and now after spending all these days with her I'm gonna miss her only more.

"Hey",she said as she approached my car before I could approach her.

"Hey.I missed you so much",I said as I got out of the driver's seat and hugged her tightly.
"You really pissed me off today...I had so many plans and you just didn't turn up."

"I'm sorry but what plans?",she asked looking into my eyes and arching her brows.

"I had plans so that we could spend a little more time together before you leave to India and we get all busy in  wedding preparations",I said shrugging.