fourteen

The family of three now sat downstairs on the couch, watching some show Kyungsan wanted to see.

As they finished eating their breakfast, Haechan placed their empty food containers in the coffee table, keeping in mind to throw the bags away after.

As Kyungsan watched the show, Haechan poked at Yunhee's shoulder. His action gained her attention and she looked at him, cheeks filled with food and Haechan wanted to burst out into laughter at the sight.

Before he could even laugh out loud, Kyungsan began to sway around, almost as if he was falling asleep. His head found Yunhee's lap and his eyes fluttered shut, falling into a slumber and the two parents smiled at the sight.

"He's so cute." Yunhee muttered as she caressed her toddler's hair.

"You know, he looks just like you." Yunhee told Haechan as she looked back up at him and he nodded in agreement. There was really no denying it.

A sudden smile appeared in his face as he then realized that she had indirectly called him cute and if he was being honest, he enjoyed the compliment even if it wasn't on purpose.

"He has your eyes though." Haechan admitted and she smiled, realizing he was right.

"Yeah he does." She said softly.

"If you want, I can go ahead and put him to bed so we can talk louder and actually get to know each other better." Haechan offered and she nodded.

At that, Haechan gently grabbed the sleeping child and carefully carried him upstairs. He placed him on the bed softly and made sure to make some kind of barrier around him so he wouldn't fall off if he rolled around too much.

Yunhee smiled at the sight of Haechan and their son. She simply adored the way Haechan looked at him and wished that one day, he would look at her in a different way too.

In a short matter of time, Haechan came back downstairs. His face was bright and a smile was put on his face as he reached downstairs. He could really illuminate a room in a matter of seconds and Yunhee liked that about him.

Haechan suddenly ran towards the couch, causing Yunhee to become frightened and try to move out of the way.

Haechan jumped and landed on the couch, legs landing on Yunhee's lap while he's head landed on a cushion on the couch.

Haechan bursted out into fits of laughter which Yunhee joined in with as well. The two found the entire ordeal hilarious and the bright mood made Yunhee wish it never ended.

Yunhee patted on Haechan's leg after their laughs and looked at him with a smile.

Haechan returned the simple gesture before finally sitting up.

"So let's get to know each other." Haechan said and at that, the two began to talk, finding out stuff about each other that the two didnt seem to know.

"Wait wait, I have a serious question." Yunhee said, calming the two that laughed about the fact that Yunhee revealed the moment where she cried cause she thought her parents had left her when they were right behind her and were trying to make it obvious.

"What's up?" He asked, curious as to what she wanted to know.

"Why do they call you Hyuck? Hyuck really isn't in Haechan." She said and Haechan simply let out an 'ah' before finally answering.

"My real name is Lee Donghyuck. Hyuck comes from that name." She explained and Yunhee nodded her head in understanding.

"Why the name Haechan?" She asked again and Haechan simply smiled at her curiosity.

"Haechan means 'full sun' and my friends all said I had a sunny personality and I'm pretty much sun kissed so 'Haechan's became my nickname as well." He answered and she let out an 'ah'.

"If I'm being honest, I would have never assumed that you had a sunny personality. You were pretty mean to me." She admitted and Haechan pouted, the harsh realities of how he acted literally a day ago coming back to kick him in the ass.

"I'm sorry." Haechan said and Yunhee then realized she had accidentally brought the mood down.

"Nono it's okay! It's all fine now. All that matters is the present and our future." She said and Haechan smiled at that. She was already thinking about their future and even if it sounds too fast, the soulmate effect made them feel as if it was right.

"Plus, I forgave you yesterday and I still partially blame myself for it sooo I'm also sorry." She said and Haechan shook his head in disapproval.

"No can do, missy. You need to stop blaming yourself." He said in a playfully scolding tone which caused Yunhee to laugh, the sound of a joy to Haechan's ears.

"Why not? I was the one who kissed Jaemin and made them split up. You had every right to be mad at me." She said and Haechan took a hold of her hand, rubbing it in a comforting way.

"They admitted that I was right to act mad before until it became too much. Once they realized I was still being a douche to you, they got mad at me. They made me realize that if they were able to already be in the verge of forgiving you, that I can stop acting like a total douchebag." He explained and Yunhee hung her head low slightly as she heard his words, trying to remind herself that it wasn't her fault this time. It finally wasn't her fault for once.

"I was at fault so I'm apologizing. You don't have to apologize. Your acts of trying to get in my good side said enough about you." Haechan said and Yunhee looked at him with a sad smile. He had noticed her efforts and was owning up to his own actions again.

Haechan's arms then extended out, asking for a hug with an awkward smile.

"Forgive me?" Was all he could say and Yunhee smiled as she wrapped her arms around him, immediately feeling at ease. His hugs were amazing and she was more than glad to admit that.

Haechan's lips curved upwards and he rested his head on hers, enjoying the embrace.

"Forgiven."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
"I'M GONNA CRY THEY'RE SO CUTE." One shouted as they held onto another person in the room.

"I'm telling you, we're great at this."