Chapter 1

Hello 🙂
Please, if you're using a link to read this story and keep finding yourself on this chapter all the time, just scroll down or swipe on your browser to reach the next page. Or better still, you can download the app- Wattpad from Google Play Store or Apple Store. That way, you will be able to access the story offline and even help me by voting.😊

Enjoy!

AZ
Song: Bad Blood - Taylor Swift

"What the actual fuck Gramps?!"

"Baby, I can explain..." He says and takes a few steps closer.

"Don't you come near me!" I rebuke and take a step back, trying to keep as much distance as I can between myself and this man who I don't recognize anymore, this traitor, this liar.

"I promise you it's not what it seems"

"It's not what it seems?! It's not?!" I ask, still in a loud tone. "There's just one explanation for all of this... Mom didn't die while giving birth to me, she killed herself... she killed herself and you and Grammy have been lying to me my whole life!"

"Baby..."

"Don't call me that! You all lied to me for all these years!"

"It's not like that baby, let me explain... I promise it will make more sense when I do..."

"Explain? Explain?! You had eighteen years to do that" I say and walk towards the door while still holding my mother's suicide note.

"Baby wait..." Gramps says grabbing my arm and my hand involuntarily collides with his right cheek, making a loud smacking sound. Gramps holds the cheek and the look on his face tells me he is just as shocked as I am at what I did seconds ago. I regret what I just did, but I know better than to apologise for it. I deserve an apology if anything and he deserved that slap... even worse!

I walk out the door and head down the stairs while wiping my eyes and I hear Gramps call out my name. I increase my steps and as I approach the main door, I see Shura ascending the stairs into the house. She walks in before me and I try to walk out but she grabs my arm

"Az are... Are you crying?" She asks with creased brows.

"Azinwi please wait" Gramps says finally catching up to me.

"Let me go!" I demand and shake Shura's grip off.

"Donald what's going on?" She asks him while still looking at me and grabs my arm when I head for the door again.

"I... I..." Gramps stammers

"What's going on is that both my grandparents are bloody liars! They lied to me my whole life! They made me believe that my mom died during childbirth when in actuality, she slit her wrist and bled to death!" I stretch the letter towards her "here's her suicide note"

Shura takes it from my hand and looks at it for a bit before looking back at me. She looks at Gramps, then back at the letter and then at me again. She doesn't have a hint of disappointment or suprise or anger in her eyes.

"Why do you seem like you aren't the least bit affected by this?" I ask her and she opens her mouth to say something but closes it."You don't even seem shocked? It's like you knew about it already..."

"Azinwi I think you should listen to your grandfather..." She says and realization hits me.

"You... You knew... You knew!"

"Az..."

"You both knew!" I yell

"Baby wait..."

"You knew the truth and you kept it away from me?!"