five

DAVINA'S POV:

You um forgot this at the grill", he handed me my bag. His hand wrapped around his neck and started to rub it as he mumbled.

I cleared my throat and quickly put the bag on the table. "Thank you."

Awkward.

I mean if I were in his position I would apologize for literally calling me names and give a decent warming smile. Instead, he stands there with his hands in his black dress pants and stares at the ground.

"Would you um", he starts saying and rolls his eyes. "Do you want to go out somewhere or something?"

I laugh.

And I mean I laugh.

In this man's face.

I try to conceal the tears that swell up in my eyes as I hold my stomach, but it doesn't help.

"And what the fuck is so funny?" I stop laughing almost immediately when I look up at him. His hands are bald at his sides and I could see the steam pump in and out of him.

Asshole.

"First you call me a snob, then you corner me next to the bathroom, and now you're asking to go on a date with me?" I laugh at the end. Just a little bit. "You're either crazy or bipolar."

"Holy fuck, will you just answer my question!" He scoffs.

Going on a date with this man? He's good-looking. Has the muscles of King Kong. But his personality is a no-brainer.

"No", I say and slam the door in his face.

~

Matteo's POV

Fuck. This. Shit

My hand grasped the end of the wooden table and slammed it against the floor.

Followed by a chair.

And then followed by a lamp.

Every girl used to try and touch any part of me or give me the puppy dog eyes while slowly getting on their knees for me. But Davina can't fucking be like them. No, she has to be difficult.

Which makes this mission fucking impossible.

I thought coming to New York would take way less than a year. I thought coming here I would 'accidentally' have her hit my car and she would be all over me.

I was wrong.

Right off the start of talking to her, I knew I was in for a long ride. Now I have to get her to open up to me and do all the romantic shit that makes me want to gag.

I can't even handle my temper around her because all I think about is my mother.

Dead and cold.

"FUCK!" I yell and throw a plate against the wall.

I need to figure out a way to run into her. Her file said she goes to the Cafe down the street a lot. But what am I supposed to say? I mean I don't blame her, I did pretty much seem like a fucking psycho today.

My phone starts to ring in my pocket as I'm running my hands through my hair.

INCOMING CALL: Luca Creed

"God damn it", I mumbled as he could hear. I hit answer and placed the phone up to my ear.

"What?", I said. If this mission meant getting calls every day by my father then fuck this and fuck him.

"What's happened so far?" I can see the back of my head by how far my eyes roll. I rather burn into flames than listen to this man's voice so close to my ear.