Chapter 28- the snowball

C H A P T E R 2 8

T H E S N O W B A L L

"Everything is amazing and nobody's happy"

Song- only;RY X

Marlee

When we arrive at the school, students files in. Music shakes the ground as we walk into the gym. Blue and white balloons, snow flakes and flashing lights fill the gym.

The middle is a dance floor and around the edge, multiple round tables with various winter decorations and chairs. Addie immediately claims a table, scaring off some freshman who try to sit there.

We set our coats, phones and bags down before heading over to the dance floor. I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I've had for months. Before we left I got a text from Evan saying that I looked beautiful along with a picture of all of us taking pictures.

I forced a smile and dances with my friends until the feeling got too overwhelming. Excusing myself, I go to the bathroom. 3 girls stand next to their friend who's crying outside of the bathroom. I walk in feeling thankful that it's empty.

I go to splash water on my face but then realize that I have makeup on and it would ruin it. Instead I take some deep breaths and check my phone. 4 more pictures from Evan were sent.

The first one was outside of the school from far away, the next one was the same but a little closer. The third was right outside the school and the fourth was him at the door.

"He can't do anything, there's to many people around." I say to myself in the mirror.

I leave the bathroom, earning glares from the group of girls consoling their crying friend. Ignoring them, I go back to the gym. My table is filled with all my friends sitting with snacks and punch that I have no doubt is already spiked.

I sit down and check my sugar before stealing food off of Cams plate. He looks at me and says "the snack table is right over there."

"Why would I walk all the way over there when your food is right here." I reply, taking another cookie from him.

"You're obnoxious." He grumbles, looking down at his half empty plate.

"Wow, big word." I giggle, patting his shoulder.

A new song starts playing and immediately Bri, Addie and I all look at each other. A wide smile forms on both of their faces so I try to mock it.