nine

Just a reminder that I post every Wednesday and Saturday! The next post will be on Wednesday so there's no need to wonder when it's coming :) Xx

Axel moves faster than I've ever seen a werewolf move, his hand squeezing Thomas' throat quickly and efficiently. Thomas is then flung into the nearest wall, which is six feet away. He crashes into an ugly vase sitting on a coffee table, and all three go down.

"Fucking shit, Axel! Stop!" I scream, but not before Axel reaches Thomas once again and lifts him from the floor easily. Thomas tries to defend himself, throwing a pathetic looking punch at Axel's face that he very easily dodges. Axel moves his forearm to Thomas' neck, nearly cutting off his air supply.

"My mate," Axel growls, digging his arm deeper into Thomas. My friend's face is a fucking tomato right now because he can't breathe.

"Get off of him, now!" I pull Axel back, trying to use as much skin on skin contact as possible to calm him down. I didn't know he had aggression to this level.

I somehow manage to separate the two, but not without difficulty.

Thomas falls to the floor as he coughs and sputters. I know better than to make sure he's okay. I need to stay with Axel and make sure he's okay.

"Ax, he's my friend. He wasn't trying to do anything." I glare at Thomas as I try to figure out what the fuck he's doing in here.

"Explain," Axel says cooly, putting a calm facade up. Moments ago he looked almost feral, and now he looks like he's in line at the local coffee shop- patiently waiting.

"I was," cough, "trying to follow you, Cooper, because I," wheeze, "saw the way that Beta Axel was looking at you." Thomas gathers his breath, then stands to his feet. "I thought he was angry about your interruption yesterday and wanted to harm you."

Thomas glances between the two of us, then he smiles lazily.

"I guess he was staring at you during lunch because you're mates, not because he was planning your murder."

I blink rapidly.

"And you thought that you would, what? With those noodle arms you can't protect yourself against a fucking squirrel," I laugh. Axel places an arm around my side and continues glaring at Thomas who uneasily shifts from one foot to another.

"Well, I can usually hold my own pretty well. He," Thomas motions to Axel, "is just extremely freaking strong and fast. Shit, man." Thomas rubs at the bright bruises forming on his neck. "Thanks for not killing me, I guess," he awkwardly chuckles.

"I'm still contemplating," Axel cooly replies.

Thomas gulps. "Damn, your mate is scary."

Axel growls.

"Sorry!" Thomas throws his hands up in surrender.

I can't hold in my laughter any longer. I begin cackling. One of my best friends just found out about me and my mate by walking in on us after Axel just jerked me off. And then Axel tried to kill him for walking in. And now there's this weird awkwardness, so why not fill it with laughter?

Thomas even joins in, our laughs echoing off the walls as we both eagerly look for an easy escape from this discovery. When the laughter dies down, the silence is even louder than the laughter.

"So, I guess congrats are in order," Thomas smiles. "Do your parents know?"

"No," I quickly reply. "Please don't tell them. Or anyone. Not yet, at least. They don't even know I'm gay and-"