|||

Valeria and Antonio Ricci.

The best power couple the underground had ever known.

Their marriage was business deal between to parents to burn falling bridges.

An iconic love story to say the least.

But people didn't see the dark and toxic side to Antonio Ricci.

Valeria however did.

At the age of twenty-two Valeria was informed it would be close to impossible for her to have children or even get pregnant.

So the couple decided to adopt.

The children and Valeria were both subjected to Antonio's abuse.

His narrow mind. His twisted and cruel way of thinking.

So the minute she found out she was actually pregnant with twins she ran.

After ensuring her children would be safe (with some help she hired secretly) she whisked away into the night, never to be seen again.

Sixteen years later, their oldest brother gets a call, informing him his beloved mother had perished.

He's devastated.

Although ecstatic when the news of his baby siblings being put into his custody (per their mothers request).

Both siblings have been taught to trust no one.

Vittoria and Vincenzo Ricci.

Taught to stick together. A pack mentality was drilled into their heads at the age of one.

These people may be their family, but as the two of them were taught to know "you never let your guard down".

"It's always the one you let in, that let you down."

They intend to stick to that mentality for as long as they both live.

Even if it means they have to bite the hand that feeds them.