⇢ CHAPTER 81

season 10 episode 14

"And the interview was canceled

"And the interview was canceled." Derek lamented, stressfully running a hand through his hair as he thought over his previous interviews with the people from Washington— the president's people who he hoped to impress to gain a spot in their research. 

"Well," Holly shrugged, attempting to look at the bright-side of things, "maybe it isn't a bad thing? Maybe things will work out in the end."

"Maybe." Derek shrugged, sighing as he leaned back on the couch in the attending's lounge, "I don't know, I—" 

"Oh," Holly frowned her brows, seeing her pager was beeping for her to go to a supply closet before she glanced at Derek, hiding a smile as she hoped she knew who she thought it was, "I will be right back."

Derek nodded, bouncing his leg as he thought over his interviews once more.

After getting Meredith to continue comforting Derek over the interviews for the President funded research, Holly made her way towards the supply closet with curiosity.

"I— Jackson." Holly's eyes widened, quickly prompting her to close the door behind her as she landed her eyes on Jackson's shirtless figure before walking over to him, attempting to glue her eyes to his face as she whispered, "Why do you not have a shirt on?"

"I got blood on my scrubs from the last patient I saw." Jackson admitted, smirking lightly as his eyes caught onto the blush arising on Holly's face, "And I didn't know where the clean scrubs were."

"Here." Holly answered, reaching over to grab one before handing it to him, "Put it on."

"Oh?" Jackson chuckled, taking a step towards his fiancée as Holly continued to stand her ground, face reddening as she locked eyes with him, "And if I don't?"

Holly scoffed softly, squinting up at him as she spoke, "I hate the confidence you've gotten ever since I agreed to marry you."

"If I remember it correctly," Jackson remarked, leaning down to stop centimeters away from Holly's lips, "you asked me."

Holly squinted at him, eyes flickering between his eyes and bare torso before she exhaled, "Fine." She rolled her eyes, tossing aside the scrub shirt in his hands as she brought him closer— connecting their lips. 

"Invitations..." Jackson murmured against Holly's lips between kisses, prompting Holly to lightly frown her brows as she listened to his words, "venues—"

"Jackson." Holly spoke, chuckling lightly as she leaned away to glance up to his eyes, "Are you reading out your mental checklist for the wedding?"

Jackson pursed his lips, shaking his head as he lied, "No..."

Holly grinned lightly before she pecked his lips, "It's adorable."