Chapter 14

"Expedition"

"Open the gates"-Erwin shouted to the garrison.
"Scouts move foward"-Erwin shouted once more initiating his first order to his branch of the military.
They moved through the green fields and out of the gates of the Karanes Districts.
Around them were tens of titans being lured away from The Garrison's troops standing on top of the walls in complete safety.
The horses of the scouts raced away into the wider region of Wall Maria.
"Today,humanity takes a huge step forward"-Erwin announced once more.
"Long Formation"-The Blonde Man ordered his soliders.
The soliders spread out all riding into seperate directions.

They had studied about their formations and strategies,for once in his life Y/N actually had paid attention in class,he was intrigued at how The Scouts dealt with different attacks and he was also pretty eager to learn about their flare system.
He was situated on the right flank,close to the center,he was meant to ride next to Krista and Ymir,whilst he was happy to have someone that wasn't from the island in his team his mind only thought of Krista.
She was nosy,she was...
"Red flare"-Ymir called out as she looked to the rear of the right side,where smoke was swelling high into the air.
"I'll do it"-Y/N announced as he locked the cardtridge into his gun.
He put a hand over his ear and shot it into the sky.
The signal was immediately picked up and it was relayed quickly.
Y/N stared out into the vast green fields
as they took a red tint,all the smoke from the flares having fallen slowly towards the ground.
He was fairly confident he could keep his friends safe.
Reiner was close to him,Ymir was next to him,Eren had Levi,Annie was still sound asleep in her quarters in the interior of the wall and if needed he'd go into his Titan Form to protect Bertholdt who was a considerable distance away.
His horse neighed as it came to a standstill.
Throughout all his thinking he failed to notice a purple beam shoot into the sky.
"Ymir,go forward"-Y/N ordered and she nodded.
"Krista come with me"-Y/N told her as they started riding towards the distress signal.

They rode quietly,no words were being exchanged until they arrived.
They saw Reiner,Armin and Jean,Armin seemed to have some minor injuries.
Y/N jumped off his horse and asked Armin if he was fine,when the Eldian nodded Y/N turned his back around pretending not to care.
"We should be retreating soon"-Jean muttered out to the team-"But thanks for coming"
"We were close by so it's nothing"-Krista exclaimed as she unmounted her horse.
"Reiner really saved us"-Armin told everyone-"If it wasn't for him,She would've killed us"

"She"-Krista sharply questioned.
"For fuck's sake"-Y/N swore under his breath.
He glared at Reiner who stared right back at him.
"Guys"-Y/N said still staring at The Warrior.
At this moment a green flare shot into the sky-"We're not retreating"-Jean asked as all of them mounted their horses,only Reiner and Y/N standing on their feet.
"Go forward,me and Reiner will hold here for a minute"-Y/N ordered everyone.
They didn't exchange a word.
"Why is noone calling the mission off"-Reiner asked now with a distraught look on his face.
"It's under all our juristoctions right"-He questioned as everyone rode away.

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT"-Y/N screamed at Reiner as the prior approached the latter.
Y/N punched Reiner in his stomach making him spit a mix of blood and saliva.
Reiner quickly got up and ran at Y/N trying to throw him to the ground but to no avail as Y/N merely evaded The Blonde Warrior.
Reiner collided with the ground and Y/N now stood over him-"Why"-Y/N kicked him on the chest-"The"-Reiner had a foot shoved deep into his stomach making him groan in pain-"Fuck"-Y/N put his foot on Reiner's head putting as much pressure as he could.
Reiner started chukling after Y/N's foot was removed from his head.
Y/N had a slight worry he had sent the man insane-"What's so funny"
"Funny"-Reiner asked-"You're wasting your time on me while Annie is probably on top of Eren as we speak"

"Shit"-Y/N whispered to himself as he mounted his horse-"Fucking traitors"
He left Reiner there as he rode fast through the fields sending a bunch of dust flying high into the air.
"Shit"-Y/N screamed out into the air-"Got me with that one"-He chuckled to himself as he approached the forest.

He quickly stood up on his horse and flew up into the air with the support of his ODM gear.
He traversed the forest easily as he flew past many of his allies.
He approached the central thrust of the long formation and he saw her.
Y/N flew towards Annie's nape trying to end the fight with one slash.
Annie suddenly turned around and tried grabbing onto Y/N's wires but the young man dodged her hand by ducking under then moving on top of her arm and he started spinning around severing a bunch of flesh.
"AHHHHH"-Y/N screamed as he broke his blades on Annie's arms rendering the latter limp.
Annie's arm started regenerating quickly as plumes of smoke arose from her arm.
Y/N quickly moved past her head and was ready to strike upon her nape but...he hesitated...
"Do you ever think"-He witnessed Annie running her hand on his abdomen-"We could ever be a..."

Y/N felt his body smash against a tree and his back crack,he fell unconscious...

"Y/N"-The man who was on his knees spoke-"Don't do it"
The smell of smoke filled Y/N's nostrils...