Walking a Tightrope

(Alright my guys this chapter is going to basically be the same time as the last one, but it's going to be what (Y/n) did while Death was her!)

I sighed as I watched Death leave with my body. I stood up and turned around facing away from the home. I stared at the blue sky. "Sunny...what am I going to do?" I asked my voice barely above a whisper. "What do you think you need to do?" He asked avoiding my question. I looked down and saw I was wearing a white dress that was covered in small yellow flowers.

I stared at the few clouds in the sky before sighing and starting to walk away from old Corona

"Some people long for a life that is simple and planned. Tied with a ribbon." I started singing as I walked out of old Corona. My hand grazed over a few of the rocks. "Some people won't sail the sea cause they're safer on land. To follow what's written."

I looked back towards the direction of Varian's home. "But I'd follow you to the great unknown. Off to a world we'd call our own." I sighed as I turned back to the direction I was heading. "Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go." I held my hands close to my chest. "We're walking a tightrope." I jumped onto a tipped over trees log that went across a small stream.

"High in the sky we can see the whole world down below." I stopped and stared at the stream for a moment before shaking my head. "We're walking a tightrope." I continued walking over it before I slipped a little almost falling off. "Never sure, never know how far we could fall." I stood back up and looked at the forest surrounding me.

"Well it's all an adventure that comes with a breath taking view. Walking a tightrope." I jumped off the log and continued walking. "With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh."

"With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, with you." I walked into the meadow that I loved so much. "Mountains and valleys and all that will come in between." I walked into the center clearing where I typically did my rituals. Unknowingly my arms started being covered by a soft pink mist. "Dessert and ocean."

Suddenly a pink version of Varian and I started dancing in the middle of the clearing. "You pulled me in and together were lost in a dream." I watched as the pink Varian spun me. "Always in motion." Next to it appeared pink version of us again, but this time they were both laughing working on one of Varian's many projects. I started walking around the meadow looking at all of the different versions of ourselves.

"So I risk it all just to be with you." I looked around me and saw a few pink Varian's carrying pink me's while I was injured. "And I risk it all for this life we choose." Next came pink versions of us that were protecting and saving one another.

"Hand in my hand and you promised to never let go!" I stared at one version of us hugging each other and spinning around. I turned my head to the side to see a version of Varian that was helping a version of myself keep her balance. "We're walking a tightrope." I saw another version of us dancing again, smiling without a care in the world. I felt tears start to pool in my eyes.

"High in the sky we can see the whole world down below!" I sang as I walked by a version of us when we were stargazing.  "We're walking a tightrope."

I looked up at the sky to see a pink version of me starting to fall to the ground. I quickly went to run up to her to catch her. "Never sure, will you catch me if I should fall?!" I sang and I watched as a pink Varian swung in by Rapunzel's hair catching the pink me. I felt tears start to run down my cheeks.

"Well it's all an adventure that comes with a breathtaking view." I sang softer as I slowly walked away from them. "Walking a tight rope." I kept turning and staring at all of the versions and memories Varian and I have shared together. "With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh."

My head kept turning to see all of the different times I fell in love with Varian all over again. "With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, with you." I smiled through my tears at the versions of us. "With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh!"

I saw one of us sharing a kiss and I slowly walking up to it. "With you, ooh, ooh, ooh." I saw another version of Varian next to it, but this one wasn't like the other. It was glaring exactly how he did at the princess. I carefully reached my hand out to touch its cheek only to have it turn to dust before me. "With you."

I looked all around me and saw that all of the memories of us had disappeared. I wiped my eyes to get rid of any tears and looked down to see Sunny. "Come on. We have a demon to stop." I looked around me and sighed before sitting down in the middle of the meadow once more.

"Okay universe, I know you led me here for a reason. Please tell me what I need to do to stop Zhan Tiri. I know I'm not strong enough to destroy her, but she's playing a game and I am being forced to play as well." I closed my eyes taking a deep breath before slowly letting it out.

My vision was flooded with white light before it dissipated. I opened my eyes and looked in front of me to see Varian on the inside of a giant robot. I looked behind me and saw Cass, Rapunzel, and Eugene. His mouth was moving, but I couldn't hear him. The only thing I could hear was a soft song. It was being hummed in my ears.

I watched as one of my arms held up the protection pendant that I gave to Varian. I watched as Varian's mouth continued to move, but still only the humming in my ears was heard. I watched as Varian's robotic arm started to rise up. I glared at the robot before my arms raised as well revealing orange flames. Orange surrounded the robots entire body as I shoved my arms down pinning the robot where it was.

Varian and I both were glaring at each other. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw black rocks start shooting up all around me and towards Varian and his robot. White covered my vision once more.

I opened my eyes, but instead of being in the meadow I was walking directly towards the palace. Most of my vision was covered by a large hood. The guards tried to stop me opening the door before I opened my mouth. "Where the north wind meets the sea, there's a river full of memory." I sang as I walked through the doors of the palace. I stopped momentarily to see the guards fast asleep.

"Sleep my darling safe and sound, for in this river all is found." I sang as I walked inside the palace. 'This is the same song that was in my ears!' White covered my vision.

I opened my eyes and saw Varian sitting right in front of me in what looked like a prison cell. The same song was going through my ears. He was facing away from me. Ruddiger on the other hand was chittering and smiling up at me from the cell door. I looked around me and saw all of the other inmates and guards asleep except for Varian and Ruddiger. I opened the cell door with a set of keys and unlocked the door. I walked in front of him and crotched down to his level.

He looked up at me with his same old bright blue eyes. His eyes were no longer flickering like they have been. I offered him a soft smile pulling out the pendant from my pocket. White covered my vision before I could see what Varian was about to do.

When I opened my eyes I was back in the meadow with Sunny sitting on my lap purring softly. I ran my hand through his fur before carefully lifting him up. I started making my way back to Varian's home. 'That song must be a sleep spell.' I started to quietly hum the song all the way back to Varian's. I noticed that humming it doesn't actually cast it.

I walked through Varian's home and down to the lab to see Death already criss cross on the floor. I joined him and closed my eyes. When I opened them again I was back in my body with Death across from me.