Chapter 2 - Unforeseen Consequences

Thank the Gods.

"It wasn't that bad, darling," Loki says quietly with a small laugh. 

His hand rests on your thigh as he squeezes gently in a reassuring way. He had read your mind without asking, but you are so relieved that the car has finally come to a stop, you don't care.

"Speak for yourself you maniac," you retort, trying to fight the nausea from Loki's many wild turns and quick decelerations.  "This isn't an Asgardian flyer, Lo. There are laws. And I'm absolutely certain you broke all of them."

You quickly unbuckle and step out of the passenger seat as Loki laughs. You're still astounded that you hadn't been spotted by a single member of law enforcement on the long and perilous trip home. No doubt there would have been some explaining to do if you had been.

 You look up at Thor, who is still clinging desperately to the top of the car despite the fact it's in park. His hair unruly - a wet, windswept mess. 

"We're home Thor, you can come down now," you say as you open the back door and unbuckle Anthony, who had giggled and laughed the entire trip home. Like father, like son.

You hear the crunch of gravel behind you as Thor slides from the roof. You turn to see his features paled. And he's completely soaked from the storm. It had only stopped raining a few turns from your driveway. 

"I did not enjoy the journey, Lady Y/n. It seems a rather perilous way for mortals to travel."

You try to stifle your laugh, but end up letting out a mixture of a hiss and snort as you bring your hand quickly to your mouth to try and cover your amusement.

"I'll write a letter to the people in charge of mortal transportation to let them know," you say sarcastically with a smile.

"I would be comforted by that. Thank you, my lady."

You roll your eyes as Thor had clearly missed your sarcasm. Tossing a glance at Loki, who had leaned against the car to watch the interaction, you can help but let out a real laugh at his face - his expression currently covered in childish glee. You don't have the heart to tell Thor that he has been tricked by his brother. And you definitely don't have the heart to ruin Loki's prank.

Loki walks around the car and takes Anthony from your arms, freeing you to grab the beach toys and towels from the backseat. Once you have everything in hand, you and Loki walk up to the front door. He fumbles with the keys, balancing Anthony on his hip, before growing frustrated and simply using his seidr to unlock and open the door.

As Thor crosses the threshold, you notice that both he and Loki grow tense. Loki puts as much space between Thor and Anthony as possible, taking your son straight into the kitchen as Thor lingers by the front door.

The blonde God glances around awkwardly for a moment before taking off his dripping cape and hanging it on the coat rack. He then glances at Mjolnir in his hand, then back at the hooks on the wall, hanging up Mjolnir by its strap and patting it gently before making his way into the living room.