.2-4.

Truth is, it was quite unsettling, being given this much freedom all at once. The boy wasn't sure what to do with it. Go sit at one of those outdoor cafes and order some waffles? Or find an ice-cream vendor? Take some selfies perhaps?

So many options — and no way to make up his mind.

Taehyung would probably have a brilliant idea. But where in the world had the bodyguard disappeared?

Jungkook caught himself thinking how it'd be a pity to lose him now. Especially after this glimpse into the possibilities of such trips every other weekend. The teenager had never got close with any of his previous security personnel because the turnover was simply too high. Taehyung, however, he kinda wished would stick around.

Feeling a little at loss as to what to do, he began spinning around and almost bumped into the very person he was looking for, holding a milkshake and a corn dog in each hand. "Hey! You just vanished like that!"

Taehyung smiled, presenting his offerings which Jungkook felt unworthy of. "You may not notice it, but my eyes are always on you."

The boy cringed. "Don't say that. It sounds creepy."

"Does it? I didn't mean to sound like a stalker. Forgive me."

But was there anything to forgive? Jungkook decided to shrug the whole thing off and started walking towards the ponds. "You didn't get anything for yourself?"

"I'm on duty."

"Yeah but, it's important to stay hydrated. Even while on duty."

"I'm fine, Jungkook."

"By the way, how did you know I like strawberry shakes?"

"There's a Jeon Jungkook file somewhere. One I had to review before starting this job."

That what news to the boy. Munching on his snack, Jungkook resolved to get to know the guy a little better. "So, how long have you been doing this? Body guarding, I mean?"

"Not long at all. You're my first mission."

The youngster figured that joking about him being Taehyung's potential last assignment would probably jinx it so he refrained from saying so. "You don't seem like a rookie to me," was a safer option.

"I have had training."

"Yeah. I saw the videos. You have some decent hand-to-hand combat skills."

"Thank you."

"You must have had a really good recommendation or some outstanding qualifications." Come to think of it, getting a first job at the Blue House was a feat in itself.

"I'm not at liberty to discuss the details of my recruitment."

Okay. More classified info. The boy was used to it by now. "You do know the risks, don't you?"

"I'm aware of the occupational hazards, yes."

"So you're taking all the necessary precautions. Right?"

"My safety is not my priority. Yours is."

"Yes, but hear me out. To keep me safe, you need to protect yourself. What good is a dead bodyguard, huh?"

"Hopefully a dead bodyguard means that the client is alive."

Client.

Truth be told, that kinda hurt. "Mr. Kim. No offence but did no one tell you that you could lose your life protecting me? I would say ask the former job holder except he's dead! And I would hate for it to happen again."

That's when Jungkook realized he'd never seen Taehyung's holster. Did he keep it on the shoulder? Or on his belt?

The man could tell something was wrong by the way the boy's tongue poked his left cheek. "Jungkook, calm down. You're agitated."

"What?" Could the guy read his stress level or what?

Throwing the stick of his corn dog in a nearby bin, Jungkook swiftly open Taehyung's jacket before wheezing. "You don't even have a gun!"

"I don't need one. Hand-to-hand combat. Remember?"

"At least wear a bulletproof vest or something!"

"Would that help with reducing your levels of stress hormones?"

Again, Jungkook searched for the derision, to no avail. The guy was sincerely enquiring about ways to help the boy deal with this building anxiety. Anxiety which incidentally was caused by that same person who seemed unconcerned whatsoever by the idea of getting hurt, or worse.

Oh my.

That moment of truth had really snuck up on Jungkook who found himself stuttering. "I-I don't stress over your safety. I stress over mine."

"Perhaps you should wear the vest. It might help with the nervousness."

It dawned upon the boy that wearing the vest would in fact not ease his anxiety at all knowing that Taehyung would still put himself in harm's way without any protective clothing whatsoever.

Whoa. Unpacking all that was going to take a while.

Jungkook pointed at the leather outfit. "You wear protective gear when you ride. Why don't you have a ballistic vest when on duty?"

"The air you're breathing right now contains 112 μg per m3 fine particulate matters, yet you're not wearing a dust filter mask."

Touché.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡