beginning

p r e l u d e

For some reason, we've convinced ourselves that people are forever.

We've become hypnotised by the illusion that people are made for us and us alone, that we are members of one soul.

But we were wrong.

Because people aren't forever, people can be made for more than one person and we have never really been members of one soul.

Because when I fell in love with him, I fell alone.

He was my everything, he was all the planets in my universe and I thought I was all the stars in his; the perfect match.

I guess I was wrong about that too.

But through all my tears and heartbreak I'd love him again, no questions asked I would gladly give myself to him all over again.

Because even though we weren't soulmates we were something so damn close to that.

• • •

Whenever we're told about love stories they never tell us how much it's going to hurt when they leave, for some reason I never see that part of the novel.

But when I think about her I don't just hurt in my heart my whole body hurts, it craves her touch, after all, she was my better half.

She was my everything, she still is my everything.

And now she's gone.

But it never mattered where my heart was because it belonged to her, and her alone. Always. Fragments of her were engraved in my mind, in my soul.

I'd always love her, no questions asked.

Because even though we weren't soulmates we were something so damn close to that.

e p i g r a p h
(quotes from the book)

"my love for him was so much deeper than words could describe, so much so that he didn't need to love me back for it to be true."

• • •

"I'd often find my mind drifting to thoughts of her and I couldn't find it in myself to get mad at the location of my thoughts, because when she clouded my mind that was when I felt at peace."

- x -

authors note: hope you enjoy 🦦🤎