Eighty seven

Erin groaned, leaning more into Arizona for better body heat. Callie had called her twenty minutes ago telling her to meet on the helipad. Erin had reluctantly dragged herself and Arizona out of the warm house and met Callie, Meredith and Derek up there.

"She's not answering," Meredith said, putting her phone in her pocket again.

"I really want to wait for Cristina," Callie said.

"Okay, fine. Fine. Let's wait for Cristina. Let's just wait downstairs where it's warm," Arizona said.

"Yeah," Erin groaned.

"No, we can't. The walls have ears," Callie said. Derek sighed.

"I'm outta here," he said, turning to leave.

"Okay, alright. Uh, look, I called this meeting because we can't just keep our heads down and lay low. Okay, we're the reason the hospital's in trouble. We have to do something. We can't let Pegasus take over. We have a responsibility. Which is why I think we should buy the hospital ourselves," Callie said.

They all stared at her blankly for a minute.

"We should talk where it's warm," Erin suggested.

"My place?" Meredith said.

"Agreed," they nodded.

"I am telling you, once we got these doctors talking, it was a horror show," Callie said.

"Shh. I just got Archie and Sofia back down," Arizona said, walking into Meredith's living room.

"Oh, and, uh, Portland Gen has quotas now. Yeah. It's unspoken, but it's understood that you have to churn out a certain number of procedures," Callie said more quietly, handing brochures to each of them.

"And no research?" Meredith asked.

"Nope. Pegasus is only interested in high-volume, high-price-tag procedures. Barely any patient interaction. So no research, no innovation, no opportunity to do what it is we got into medicine to do," Callie said.

"Well, we won't let that happen to us here," Derek said.

"Oh, yeah? That's what they said at first. And then the people that fought management got fired, and the rest wore down or they left. Now I don't want to leave. None of us do. You guys, come on. We have to do this. We have to buy the hospital," Callie said.

"Whoa. Hold on," Derek said.

"Maybe she's right," Meredith said.

"Just wait," Arizona said. Callie raised her eyebrows. "What if we don't want to?" she said. "I mean, we have a wedding to pay for. We have to have kids using science. Those things aren't cheap," Arizona motioned to Erin.

"Yeah, we have to buy two wedding dresses as opposed to one," Erin said.

"They don't have to cost a million bucks," Callie said.

"It's our wedding and Erin deserves to have the dress of her dreams, so if she wants a dress that costs a million bucks, she's getting one!" Arizona said.

"I need a drink," Erin said, walking to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry. It's never been my dream to run a hospital," Arizona said angrily to her best friend.

"Okay, well, you might not have to run it," Callie said.

"Cristina should be here," Derek muttered to Meredith.

"I have been texting her," Meredith said.

"I just got back to work. And, Derek, you just got your hand back. Don't you want to just work?" Arizona asked.