nineteen.

JORDYN WATCHES AS people reunite with their families, envelop them into hugs and joyfully hop into their cars and drive away

She waits outside of the Port Angeles airport with her suitcase, tapping her foot impatiently for Bella to show up and take her home.

Bella said she and Edward would be there ten minutes ago, and Jordyn has grown tired of standing in the cold rain, waiting for her sister to pull up.

Jordyn dives her hand into her pocket, ready to call Bella again, but before she can even pull the phone out, a sleek black Mercedes pulls up with the passenger side window rolled down, where Bella has her hand sticking out of, waving to Jordyn. The car comes to a stop and Bella jumps out, quickly pulling Jordyn into a hug.

"Hey, Bells." Jordyn hugs back, ripping her hand out of her pocket, her impatience disappearing into the cloud ridden air.

"Jordyn," Bella pulls away from the hug, "I missed you so much."

"I missed you, too." Jordyn smiles, but it drops once Edward walks around the car.

He picks up her suitcase and throws it into the trunk, he smiles at Jordyn after he closes it.

"Hello, Jordyn." He opens the back door for Jordyn and goes around the car to the front, Bella gets in the passenger seat, Jordyn sits behind her sister, grumbling about having to sit in the back.

"So, Jordyn, how was Italy?" Bella asks from the front seat.

"It was pretty good." Jordyn answers, looking out of the window at the greenery that welcomes her like a giant hug.

Jordyn finds Italy absolutely breathtaking, but the cascading mountains and tall, lively trees will forever hold a place in her heart.

"How's your soulmate?" Bella looks over her shoulder, a knowing look displayed with her slight smirk.

Jordyn bites her bottom lip to contain her smile, "Good."

Bella hums, "By the way, Alice is going to make you help with everything when we get back."

Jordyn groans, "Really?"

"She's been making me do everything with her, I can't do it anymore." Bella shakes her head. 

Jordyn sighs and slides her heavy eyes shut, the plane ride taking its toll on her.

***

BELLA WAS RIGHT, the second Jordyn stepped foot into the Cullen household, Alice was making her help with everything. Decorations, picking up dresses, mailing invitations...

"You're really inviting Jake?" Jordyn asks while stamping a letter and placing it on the large pile of sealed envelopes.

"Bella wanted him to come." Alice responds, "I advised her not to, but..."

"Poor guy, he'll probably go into depression because of it." Jordyn takes another letter. "He is that type of guy."

"Maybe, but Bella made her decision." Alice says, scribbling a name down on a fancy piece of paper.

Jordyn shrugs, "Still."

Alice hums, "Anyways, how was your date?"

"It was great." Jordyn smiles, remembering everything about her date, up until she drank too much wine.

"Oh good, Caius was nervous." Alice laughs.

"Did you help him set it up?" Jordyn raises an eyebrow.

Alice gets a smug look on her face, "A little bit."

Jordyn chuckles, "Of course."

edited: 9/28/22