seven

m i n u t e   s e v e n

Rivers hands pulled Sage closer to him as the two sat with each other, none of them saying anything just basking in each other's presence.

For a moment the universe let them dream, their hearts escaped to a place where their love was endless. Time wasn't a fragile string keeping them bound to the responsibilities of life, they were in a place where their love prevailed.

They were boundless beyond belief.

Small particles of their love danced in the air around them brushing against the two teenagers intertwining their beings together, making sure that their love was written in the stars.

They were made up of memories and moments, some were significant many weren't, but when they looked into each other's eyes, that was when it was known.

That small glint of fragility in ones eyes when their staring into the eyes of their lover, they still had that look in their eyes, because they had that love that many yearned for their entire lives.

For their seventh minute they embraced each other's company, absorbing each second, because unlike the fairytales they didn't have forever.

Silence enveloped them, many liked to say that silence was a killer, but sometimes the silence was the saviour because it said more than words could.

And often the silence between two people who once loved each other was piercing, but the silence between those who still loved each other but could never be was simply deafening.

- x -

 listened to stay by gracie abrams and this chapter just came to mind : (