confessions and god complexes

November 7th, 1976

-Adelaide-

Marlene and Lily wasted no time dragging their friend up the stairs and into their dorm much to the surprise of Mary, who had been peacefully studying Divination before they barged in.

"What the fuck? You better have one damn good explanation for not telling us that you have a date to Hogsmeade." Marlene practically growled.

"It isn't a date you knob."

"Then why do the boys all think you are going on a date then?" Lily asked in a much calmer tone than her friend.

Mary turned away from her desk and peered at her dormmates, "Actually... she's going to Hogsmeade with me."

The two previously angry girls just blinked at the raven-haired girl in confusion.

"You see I really wanted to go to Hogsmeade with Gideon Prewett but I was a bit nervous and since Fabian has had a thing for Adelaide for the past year so I asked her if she'd be willing to join me on a group outing with the twins. You know since there is no way Fabian would turn down an opportunity to hang out with Adie and Gideon never says no to his twin..." Mary trailed off as she took in her dormmates' faces. Adelaide looked extremely thankful for her explanation, Marlene still looked confused and Lily looked content with the reasoning.

"Wait, so you're going to Hogsmeade but not as a date?" Marlene quired.

Adelaide chuckled, "that would be correct."

"Oh shit. I got to go," and with that Marlene sprinted out of the dorm letting the door slam behind her. The three remaining girls just sat in shock before Lily cleared her throat.

"So you aren't interested in pursuing Fabian?"

Adelaide shot her friend an amused look, "Come on Lil, you know I'm not."

Lily shot her friend a knowing look, "Of course not because his name doesn't start with an 'S' and end with 'Irius Black'."

Mary laughed as Adelaide threw a pillow at her friend, "Shut up! I'm sure I have no idea what you are referring to."

"Right so you didn't feel like you were floating while you were snogging Black on your birthday?" Mary teased as Lily laughed.

Adelaide glared at her giggling friends, "shut up I was drunk..."

"Doesn't change the fact that you fancy him," Lily added.

"No... no, it doesn't."

"So just admit it alr- wait... did you just agree with me?" The red-haired girl's eyes were wide as Mary stopped laughing to look at her friend in shock. Neither thought Adelaide 'I'm not suited for that kind of love' Tanelter would ever admit her feelings for her best friend.

Adelaide groaned before flinging herself backward onto her bed. "Denying it has gotten me nowhere so yeah, why not fess up."

Mary looked at Lily before looking back at the blonde before speaking carefully. "So, you fancy Black?"

"No."

"What do you mean you just said you did?"

"I don't fancy him."

Lily decided to step in, "then what are you fessing up to exactly?"

"I'm in love with him," the blonde answered simply.

Both girls' eyes went wide before looking at one another as if to make sure the other heard the same thing they did. "You're in love with him?" Mary clarified.

Adelaide let out a deep sigh as she nodded her head in confirmation, "I'm in love with him."

Meanwhile in the common room...

-Marlene-

The boys looked up to see, for the second time that day, a quite out of breath Marlene McKinnon running down the stairs towards them.

"Not a date."

The boys all looked at the brunette in confusion before Sirius spoke up, "What do you mean not a date?"

Marlene took a deep breath before rambling, "She isn't going on a date. Mary asked Ads to join her in a little group outing with the Prewett twins because Mary likes Gideon but was too scared to just ask him on a date and since the twins always spend Hogsmeade trips together and Fabian has that thing for Adie, Mary thought asking if the twins would like to join the two of them Fabian would definitely say yes in which Gideon would also agree on because he always agrees with his brother. So Adie isn't going on a date, she is helping a friend out by hanging out with two other friends of hers." Marlene was even more breathless but was proud of herself for getting it all out.

The four boys all looked at her blankly as if they were trying to understand the words that she just spoke. Remus, as expected, figured it out first and released a sigh of relief. "So Adie isn't going on a date, which means she didn't say yes to a guy proposing the idea of going to Hogsmeade?"

"That would be correct."

James's face lit up and clasped Sirius on the shoulder, giving his friend a little shake. "Pads! Did you hear that! There is no guy!"

"I mean there is still a guy..." Sirius said solemnly.

"Yes but Ads has said multiple times that she only sees the Prewett boys as friends, she's not interested in him like that," Peter assured the boy.

"Besides, Fabian isn't her type anyway," Marlene said cooly as she examined her nails.

Remus shot the girl an amused look as the other three looked at her curiously.

"What do you mean?" Sirius said slowly.

Marlene shot the boy an amused look, "She's into black-haired blokes with god complexes, of course," and with that, the girl turned on her heel and sauntered back towards her dorm. With a smile of victory upon her lips.

a short filler chapter but

there are more interesting things

to come i promise!

thank you for the 19k reads i am

so grateful for the support

i am receiving on this story