Chapter 4: Overrated

"It all ends in the same result, we have to stop Y/N L/N as soon as possible. Maybe even convert him to join the heroes, someone as dangerous as he is can't be left on the streets as a villain!" All Might objected. 

"Then, we'll devise a plan. And we will stop Y/N. But, it would be an advantage to us to convince him to attend our school as a hero in training" Nezu said.

" I will be the one to fight and try to knock some sense into him" All Might decided, clenching his fists tightly. Afterall, he was just going against a 14 year old. 

~💫~

I was sitting on a park bench, a pigeon vibing right beside me. 

"You know, I think we have a connection" I said, holding my hand out to share my fries. The bird grabbed one and continued to sit quietly. 

I saw familiar red haired teen running my way. Looked like he was taking a lap around the park. 

"Oiii shark boy" I waved, gaining his attention. (Shark boy and Lava girl is what I pictured immediately) 

"Y-You're Y/N!" He exclaimed, pointing at me with wide eyes. 

"I'm aware" I smiled, leaning back on the bench. "You gonna call the heroes?" 

"...No, I'm kinda scared of you to be honest" he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh yeah? But like I said before, I wouldn't fight you. And if I did have to, I certainly wouldn't kill you. So loosen up a little" I exclaimed, tossing a fry at him. 

"R-Right. I'm Kirishima by the way" he said, still keeping a good distance away and letting the flying fry thump against his head.

"Didn't ask but okay" I answered. "Training yourself up huh?" 

"Uh yeah! I, uhh, was trying to get stronger" 

"That's the spirit! Get strong so I can knock you right back down when you're a pro" I encouraged, lifting my fist in the air. The pigeon I named Nacho flapped his wings as an agreement. 

"Okay? That reminds me, why are you a villain? I mean, you defeated the Nomu in no time at all, and spared the rest of us. I just, wanted to know why you weren't trying to be a hero" Kirishima asked, fidgeting with his fingers. 

"The hero dream is overrated" I said, lifting my finger with a smile. Kirishima deadpanned at my response, all the tension he felt was lifted in an instant. 

"Overrated?" He asked, sweat dropping. 

"It really is. When I was in 1st grade I vividly remember all my classmates saying they wanted to become heroes. And the truth is, they all started to gain pretty strong quirks. Soon enough I wanted to go up against them, but you can't really fight it out if we're all heroes, ya know? Also, you have to go through a lot of bullshit to be a hero" I replied. 

"What?! Like what?" He asked, sitting down on the grass. 

"Go to school to learn how to be a hero? Seems like a load of crap and a waste of time. And even after you graduate, isn't it slim to find an agency that'll take you in? Being a villain is lowkey way easier. All you really have to do is tell people you're a villain, maybe kill someone to prove your point and then boom! You have some of the strongest people alive after you on a daily basis" 

"That's all you really want then? To get strong people to fight you?" 

"Part of it. Heroes beat villains left and right every single day. If the heroes keep on winning, then that means their side is and will continue to be the stronger side. It would be different if the villains were kicking the heroes asses, I would've became one of them if that were the case" I explained, giving another fry to Nacho. 

"That, actually makes a lot of sense" Kiri muttered, looking to the side. 

I was about to respond but I felt something approaching. I smirked and got up from the bench, stretching my arms over my head. 

"Hey do me a favor?" I asked. 

"Hm?" 

"Back up" I said, jumping away when All Might smashed into the concrete right where I previously stood. Kirishima retreated further back and hoping he wasn't just seen conversing with a dangerous villain. But just his luck, All Might had noticed him. 

"Young Kirishima, why are you talking with the enemy?" All Might asked, standing at full height to face me again. 

"I- uhhh" Kirishima panicked. I decided to help him out a little. What good would he be if he's kicked out of the hero program? 

"I held him at gunpoint to make him stay and talk" I said, lifting my hand like a student answering a question. 

"Gun? I don't see a-" All Might began. 

"This one right here" I finished, making a finger gun, red cursed energy shooting from it and slamming into the number 1 hero. He flew back, slamming through a few trees in the process. 

"All Might!" Kirishima exclaimed. 

"I would get out of here if I were you. I might get a bit carried away" I said, walking to the bench to grab Nacho. I carried the pigeon to Kirishima and gave him the bird.

"Go on now, go go go" I brushed off. 

Kirishima swallowed the lump in his throat and hugged Nacho closer. He turned away and sprinted the way he came from, Nacho pecking his fingers to try and go back to me. 

Don't worry Nacho, I'll come back for you ✊

"Now, they finally gave me number 1" I said, smiling at the hero. He stood back up, wincing a little and faced me again. 

"You're going to be stopped right here and now, young L/N" 

"Mkay" 👍