Before It's Too Late - Niragi X Male Reader

Summary: Y/N sustains a major injury but does his best to hide it from his hotheaded boyfriend

*Y/N's POV*

How was I going to break this to him? I was I going to tell my boyfriend of five years, to whom I was planning to spend my life with, that I had taken on some serious injuries during a game that would probably leave me immobilized for the rest of my life? I couldn't. That would be beyond cruel.

But, would it be more cruel to just leave him in the dark then one day just up and disappear off the face of the earth and never be heard from again? Either way, he would be alone and furious.

*Flashback*

"What do you mean?" I looked to Ann with worried eyes. "I'm sorry Y/N. I really am."

I forced a laugh. This had to be some kind of sick joke. "You can't just..." "Your days are numbered if you are unable to adjust."

"Isn't there anything you can do to fucking help me live?!" Ann looked away from me. "Our resources are limited.

I can't do any more than what I've already done. I'm sorry." I scoffed as I struggled to pull myself off of the table where I had been laying and limped out of the room.

Once I was able to make my way to a quiet area, I just sat down. After awhile I started to cry. I couldn't believe anything I'd heard.

I had lost my leg during a game. Did I even really know what that truly meant for me?

It meant that I would struggle to take part in games. I'd be dead weight if I didn't adapt fast enough. My visa would run out of days and I'd die. I would never get to see my family again. And Niragi.

My hotheaded, quick to anger boyfriend. I would never get to see him again. I would never get to kiss those lips again.

I wouldn't get to hug him and tell him how much I loved him ever again. These thoughts only caused me more tears.

I laid my forehead gently against my knee and cried into it.

Suddenly I was interrupted by a voice. "Oh Y/N." I looked up to see who it was coming from. Of course it had to be Chishiya. He was one of the few people Niragi told me never to speak to.

I quickly wiped away my tears and gave him a shaky hello. He was too perceptive though.

"It sounds like you've been crying. Everything good?" Why was he asking? He probably already knew. I felt my heart sink as soon as I heard the word 'good'.

Everything was far from good. He most definitely knew that I had lost my leg. Wonder if he had already mouthed off to Niragi about it.

I didn't want my boyfriend knowing that I'd taken on such a big injury. I couldn't do that to him. But how long could I really hide it for?

"Actually Chishiya, there is something I want to tell you. But you have to swear on your fucking life that you're not to blab about it to Niragi.

No matter what. He isn't allowed to know. And if you do tell him, then I will hunt you down and end you myself, even if it's the last thing I do." Which it probably would be.

"Okay fine. I swear on my fucking life as you put it that I won't tell Niragi. Now spill. Why are you crying here all alone?" I inhaled deeply and exhaled.

I rolled up the leg of my sweatpants that had been covering my now missing leg. He stared at me as if stunned. I was actually surprised he didn't know beforehand. Thought Kuina would have told him such she's the one who brought me back.

"I lost my leg the other night during my game. I can't really get a prosthetic made so..."

I started to choke on my own words. I couldn't say it. It hurt too much to say aloud. It hurt because some part of me still wanted to adapt and survive.