Chapter 31

Knox’s POV

I was so shocked.   I have never in all my years as a wolf ever seen anything like this.   Looking over to Vlad I could tell he was just as shocked as I was.  We were unsure of what to expect when Sophia shifted.   Vlad figured she would turn into a white wolf as they were very rare amongst our kind.  However we never imagined this.  

Sophia/Gaea started to whimper as she looked from Vlad to me in confusion.  

Knox what is wrong?   You two aren’t saying anything and you just keep staring at me.  What do I look like?

Oh my poor baby, snapping out of my shock I knelt down and slowly lifted my hand to her.   I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  

Knox…

“Baby, I am sorry but Vlad and I are just in shock.   Never in a million years did we ever consider this.   But trust me on this.   You are the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen.” 

What do I look like?   Am I black or white…you are starting to scare the shit out of me.

“Calm Gaea, everything is fine.   And your mate is correct you are the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen and I am married to one so please do not tell her I said that.”

Vlad made his way over to us and knelt down next to me.   Staring at me intensely.  

Will someone please tell me what is going on?

“Well baby, you are not black or white?  Um…you are actually…purple.  Like a light grey-purple.”

Oh, so I am purple like my eyes.   Cool.  So why are you both freaking out?  Is there something wrong with being a purple wolf?

“Baby, why don’t we go for a run first and we will talk about this later.   I want to give you a chance to run and get used to being in this form.   I promise…later.”

"I will leave you mates to your run.   I need to make some calls."   With that Vlad disappeared.  

Finally with a nod from her I stepped back and shifted.   My large pitch black wolf stood proud over his mate.   I usually towered over most wolves, but my mate was just a tad bit smaller than me.   Leaning down I nuzzled my nose next to hers, I loved the feeling of our bond in wolf form.  

Throwing my head back I howled to my pack, indicating that their Luna had shifted.  Hundreds of howls were returned in the distance.   Turning I lead Sophia on her first run.   This was something I had wanted since meeting her all those months ago.   Nothing made a shifter more at peace than when they are running with their mate.  

She looked amazing.   Her light purple fur reflected the moon light giving it a shimmer.   At certain angles it truly looked like she was glowing purple.   It was an astonishing sight to see.   Pushing ahead we darted past trees and rocks.   I was leading her to the waterfall knowing it was one of her favorite places.