Chapter 31

Vlad's POV

I stood there in complete shock. It couldn't be possible. The legend of the purple wolf dated back to beginning of time. The last one recorded into our history was around the 15th century.

It was said that the bloodline was extinct, but that wasn't possible with Sophia's purple Wolf sitting right in front of me.

I needed to head back to the castle so that I could go through the archives and recall the story. Remember bits and pieces of the legend but not all the details.   One thing I did know is that she needed to be protected now more than ever.  

After Knox and Sophia for a run I mind-linked my man letting them know I would be leaving for a while.  And that they were to protect the Luna at all costs.    Finding a shadow of the tree I stepped in and transported home.

After peaking in on my wife and daughter I headed to my library for some old texts that I have collected.   While I was flipping through a knock at my door startled me.   It was 4 am and even though vampires don't need to sleep most were still retired at this time of night.  

"You may enter"

Raine, one of the fairies that has been with me for centuries entered my office.   Raine usually kept to herself and has since she witnessed her family being slaughtered.   She never found a mate and was content with that.   Even though fairies were a very loving species, she kept everyone at arms legnth.   

"Raine, is everything okay?   It seems a bit early even for you."

"Yes your majesty everything is fine, I was awoken by a dream telling me to instantly seek you out."

Raine was also very formal, never letting go and insisted on calling me by my title no matter how many times I requested her not to.   After a few hundred years I let it go.  

"Well Raine, any help you can give me would be much appreciated.   I have theory I am working on and I need your insight on the matter.   Do you know of the legend of the purple worf?

Her face dropped in saddness.   She took the seat next to me and glanced at my books.

"Sadly yes I do.   Fairies were once the protectors of the purple wolves.   It was one of my favorite bedtime stories."

It appears I was correct in my assumption.   The purple wolves did exist and were known to be the most powerful creatures to ever exist.  Their bloodline linking to the first shifter to ever be created.   They were considered the royal bloodline of were-shifters.  Their purple coloring symbolized their royalty heritage for all to see.    But when the Grand Council was formed, legend goes that they felt the Royal family had too much power and so their bloodline began to be hunted and killed in secret and legend has it that the last member, the Queen was killed around the late-17th century when Raine was still a child.   To her knowledge no other purple wolf was spotted since.

Raine continued that many looked to the purple wolf as their salvation, saying the story went that one day the bloodline would re-appear and the purple wolf would unit all species and saving them from extinction.   Since fairies were protectors of the purple wovles, it was also one of the reasons why they were hunted as well.  

"Why are you so interested in the legend my King?"

"Well Raine, if what you say is true I may need to introduce you to someone...can you be ready to leave by tonight.   Do not tell anyone what we have discussed."

"You have my word your majesty.   I will be ready by sundown."

With a bow, Raine quietly left the office.   She was one of my most loyal followers and I trusted her with my secret.   I wanted her to meet Sophia immediately, as a fairy and being a protector of the royal family, she could better explain the history to her.   I had a feeling that Raine would be leaving my home soon and that sadden me greatly.  

Exhausted after dealing with the last few hours I headed upstairs to my wife.   I knew tomorrow was going to be just as exciting..I got to inform Sophia that she was also the Queen of the Werewolves.  

This was not going to go over well.