4. i found him in my trash

I FOUND HIM IN MY TRASH

・゚: * Eleanor is surprised when the bell rings and Dustin still isn't in the seat beside her. She doesn't have to time to think about it, because soon Max walks through the door and all her energy was put into making sure the small smile she gives isn't too weird, or creepy, or awkward, or mean, or- you get the point.

Mr. Clarke switches on the projector to show a picture of a human skull and starts teaching the lesson. "The case of Phineas Gage is one of the greatest medical curiosities of all time. Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident. A large iron rod was driven through his head." Nora winces as Mr. Clarke draws a line through the skull with a dry erase marker. "Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine, and physically, yes, he was. But his injury resulted in a complete change in his personality. So much so, that his friends started referring to him as 'No Longer Gage.' At the time, this was considered the 'American Crowbar Case.' Although it wasn't a-"

Most of the class jump up as the classroom door slams open, coming in a heavily breathing Dustin. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Clarke," he pants. "Really, I'm so sorry. Please, continue with the class. Don't mind me. Really, continue, please."

Mr. Clarke just gives him a look as he keeps talking, "Although, it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as I said."

Dustin turns to the group and they lean forward collectively, "We have to meet. All of us. At lunch, AV Club."

"Why?" Mike asks.

"I have something you won't believe."

The group just nods slowly and turn back to the front. Dustin stays turned around and mouths to Max the plan.

"Dustin," Mr. Clarke says loudly, making Dustin spin in his seat.

"Yes, my lord?"

"Would you care to join the class now?" Mr. Clarke questions.

"Please, yes!" He pulls his books out of his bag.

"The Case of Phineas Gage."

"Phineas Gage."

"Page 104."

"104? 104."

"Focus."

"Focusing. Focusing," Dustin mumbles and Nora just rolls her eyes (she's been doing that a lot recently) and leans back in her chair.