26.

Layla walked down the stairs, her hair a mess, Klaus' shirt hung loosely off of her shoulders. Small bruises formed up her thighs from Klaus' hands, love marks made there way up her neck.

"Good morning love." Klaus said as he looked up for his easel.

Layla responded with a yawn, "Good morning."

She walked over to him, getting a peak of his painting. He turned his head, giving her a small kiss on her cheek. She placed her hand on the back of his neck, kissing him on the lips passionately. He grinned under the kiss and picked her up gracefully and setting her on a table. There hands roamed each others bodies.

They were interrupted when someone cleared thee throat behind them. Layla sighed as she looked over at the doorway to see Rebekah.

"What took you so long?" He asked her.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She smirked, as she showed them it in her hands, "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?" Klaus asked.

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us." She said, "Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

Klaus unwrapped himself from Layla and took the stake from her. He threw it into the fireplace, letting the flames flare up around it.

"Well that's that then." Rebekah mumbled.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus told both of the girls.

"Today?" Rebekah asked.

"Why not?" He questioned, "There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset."

"But tonight is the decade dance." Rebekah whined.

"So?"

"So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go."

"I'm not going to any dance." Klaus said, wrapping an arm around Layla, once more.

Layla placed a hand on his chest, "Come on Nik, one last high school dance for me?"
Klaus didn't respond.

"Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me and Layla." Rebekah pleaded.

"Okay, fine. One last hoorah." He replied with a sigh.

Rebekah smirked, "One last hoorah, Nik."
*****************
Layla walked into gym, going straight to Caroline and Elena. Caroline was currently in charge, a clipboard in hand. Rebekah was no where to be see.

"Hey." Caroline smiled as she saw Layla.

"Sorry I was late." Layla mumbled.

"Klaus keeping you occupied?" She smirked.

Layla blushed, "Everything that has happened with Alaric, it's a good thing."

Caroline smiled sadly. "So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?"

"I just... I wish there was something I could do." Layla mumbled.

Elena picked up a chandelier. "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself." Caroline said passing it off to another student,

"Just no!" Layla grinned before spotting Matt and Jeremy hanging us stars in the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" Rebekah yelled up to them, "You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down."