F I F T Y S I X

A/N just wanna say sorry for this in advance teehee. The audacity Spotify has to play all I want-

"Regulus please." she begged him in a shaky tone, "Don't do it, don't take my memories."

"It's the only way to keep you safe- I don't want to but I have to-"

"You don't have to, we can pretend we did, what happens when the war is over, what if the good wins and I'm stuck without my memories? There are only two ways I could get them back and I'm not okay with either one."

"You will win, I'll make sure of that, and you'll move on, you'll be happy and maybe you'll fall in love again...." He hated the thought of her being with anyone else.

"How are you going to make sure of that? You're on his side, the dark lord, how are you going to defeat him? You can't Reg."

"I can't exactly kill him no... but I know how I can weaken him so that one day he will fall."

"How?" She tilted her head slightly out of curiosity.

"I found out his secret... Horcruxes, M, and I know of one of them-"

"He- how do you know?"

"That's not important and you won't remember after tonight anyways and i can't say more he always has a way of knowing but- that doesn't matter. When we leave school that's what im doing, im destroying one of them no matter what the cost."

"He's gonna get you killed. That is if you don't die trying, I can't let you do this and I'm sorry but I can't let it happen."

"You have to, alright? I knew the risks and I still do-"

"No, you heard me, I said I won't let it happen. If you know the risks then don't fucking do it. It's a suicide mission either way." She spat, holding his gaze with trembling hands.

"Bloody hell M let me talk damn it." Regulus snapped finally before letting his gaze soften again.

"Fine. Talk but that won't make me disagree with you less, because this is an idiotic decision and you know it as well as I do." Madeline stated, crossing her arms waiting for him to speak again.

"I don't care if it's an idiotic decision, Madeline. You sacrifice the few to save the many, everybody knows that. I can't just stand by and watch hundreds of people fight a war everyone knows they can't win. I especially can't fucking sit back and watch you lose the damn people you love and care about when I know and am aware I have the ability to help." he said through a breath. "You won't even remember this fight, M."

Madeline stood there for a second thinking about what he said with an unreadable expression before letting a couple of tears roll down her face. "Say something. Please." the boy said quietly, wiping her tears away softly.

"Fine I- fine." she stuttered, holding back more tears, "If you want to throw it away because you have this idea that you can save everyone, then go ahead. If you want to take away some of the happiest memories I have ever had then just do it already." she finished with an angry fire now burning in her eyes instead of the tears that were previously present.

"You know that's not what I meant." he started to say before getting cut off again by the angry brunette.

"Sure seemed that way though. Doesn't matter, I won't remember anything. like you said already, anyways." Madeline retorted with a scoff, looking him up and down with cold eyes.

"I'm sorry okay, but I can't-"

"Risk it I know. Do it then." she said, pushing her arms to her sides frustrated, "Take my memories before I change my mind or do it myself."

"I'm sorry I really am but it's the only way to keep you safe."

Her anger turned right back into the feeling of sadness, she's never felt this broken before, knowing she was about to lose him, and she would only ever remember if she actually loses him, if he dies, his spell will lift and she'll remember it all. She shook her head feeling her throat close up, she furrowed her eyebrows and bit her lip in an attempt to keep the tears from falling again but was unsuccessful. "Regulus, please." She begged in a soft tone in one final attempt to change his mind.

He just shook his head and pulled her into his chest, he rested his head on top of hers holding her tightly. "Love I have to." He said quietly.

"I know..." She mumbled against his chest. "Just not yet, please."

"Madeline you know I have to-"

"I know." She said again, "In a bit, just not right now." She held him tightly. "Just come stay with me, one more night, please."

"You don't have to say please after everything you know." He let out a small laugh and kissed the top of her head.

"Is that a yes? I just want you to hold me tonight okay?"

"Okay." He nodded his head. "You're gonna have to let go of me if you want me to cuddle you in bed."

She weakly laughed through her tears and pulled away from him. She looked up at him and blinked rapidly to force the tears away so she could actually see him, when she saw his face clearly she smiled softly up at him.

He smiled back and grabbed her hand and pulled her close to his side as they made their way to her room.

They laid down together under the covers, she was facing him on her side, head buried into his chest, and he had his arms wrapped around her laying on his side.

"I love you." She said softly.

"I love you. I really truly do. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and everything im doing im doing for you. You make me want to do good, you've made me a better person." He kissed the top of her head.

"That you did yourself, I guess you could say I inspired you." She laughed slightly. "But you've become a better person on your own, you are capable of absolutely anything, you're brave, kind, strong, loving, and caring." She laughed softly.

"Oh, what am I going to do without you?"

"I know it'll be hard on you, and I hate that, I do want you to know this though, even though I won't remember, my heart is yours, completely yours, I honestly don't think I'll ever love anyone else." She tilted her head back to look up at him.

He just smiled at her before meeting her lips for a long gentle kiss.

"We will find our way back to each other somehow. I know we will." She said quietly.

"I hope so." He pulled her back into his chest.

At about 3 in the morning Regulus woke up, he looked down at the girl who was sound asleep in his arms, with a finger he gently pushed her hair back behind her ear and smiled down at her before slowly getting out from the covers. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before standing up completely while fixing the covers back over her.

With a small sigh, he reached for his wand placing the tip of the dark wood gently on the side of her temple. "It won't hurt." He said quietly even though she was asleep."Obliviate." Regulus mumbled letting a single tear fall as he watched the silver tinted wisp take the selected memories from the only woman he had ever loved.

Madeline shifted slightly but didn't wake. The tall boy took a step back lowering his wand watching her for a moment, more silent tears fell down his pale face. "I love you." He said quietly before leaving her room and slipping into his own.

He wasn't able to get any more rest that night, he just laid on top of his covers staring at the ceiling, tears occasionally falling down the sides of his face. Never in his life had he felt more empty.

A/n: shout out to CursedMarlene  for helping me with this chapter