Part 44. Friend or Follower?

Hi Guys,

Sorry for disappearing last weekend. I just couldn't finish the part and landed up binge watching Crash Landing on you. And I cannot tell you how much I loved it! I recommend the show to whoever who hasn't seen it. Gave me all the #Manan feels (or more) and the main lead there is 😍.

P.S. It's a Korean show but you can watch it with subtitles. And it's available on Netflix. Find the trailer below:

Coming back to the update, this one is a lonnngg one. Have been writing it for two weeks. Do leave your thoughts.

———————————————————————

The next few weeks passed in a blur. All of them were occupied with their own set activities and life had indeed gotten busy for all of them. Nandini was buried neck buried into her books. She had a lot piled up as she had spent the last few days helping Navya to take care of the baby and had hardly gotten any time to study. But now, her studying schedule was off the charts and she had barely any time left for the college exams.

Navya was coping up with being a new mother and she was also close to finalising the parents for her baby's adoption. But to be honest, she was procrastinating making the decision because she knew that the moment she decided, she'd have to give the baby up and she wasn't ready to take that step yet. At the same time, she had decided to take the final exams as well to ensure she didn't waste a year. She needed to graduate on time to ensure she could be on her feet as soon as possible. Hence, she was also juggling studying along with taking care of the baby.

On the other hand, all was going well for FAB5. Manik had signed the album and FAB5 had begun jamming on a regular basis to get the music ready to meet Paramount's deadlines. All of them even had to study for their music theory exams, which were mandatory for them to get their degree. But since all of them played a lot more advanced music, that theory wasn't so difficult for them.

As soon as Manik had come back into the band, it was just like the old times. All 5 of them had resolved all their issues within themselves and were very excited for the album to come. In fact, Manik and Dhruv were also back to being the best of buddies like they were. However, this had come due to a lot of changes that were made within FAB5, especially between Manik and Dhruv.

On a late Friday evening, Manik had just returned home exhausted from all the jamming during the week. He went into his room and put his guitar on his bed and sat down on his armchair exhausted. The last few weeks had been too difficult. More than he had expected. He had thought that he'd be at a better place once he fixed things with his friends but turns out, he wasn't. Although he was doing what he loved and that is playing music with his friends, he didn't feel happy making it like he used to. He recollected that when he used to sing, he always felt at peace and when he sang on stage, he felt an adrenaline rush that he was addicted to. A feeling that he loved so much and the reason he wanted to pursue music in the first place. But recently, he didn't feel any of that. He wondered if that was because of the recent changes they had made to FAB5 because of his conversation with Dhruv or was it something else?

A few weeks ago:

Manik had decided on confronting Dhruv to understand what exactly was wrong between them and how he could fix it.

Manik - Look Dhruv, pichle kuch mahinon se tere aur mere beech mein bohot saare problems hue hai. But honestly, mujhe aajtak yeh nahi pata chala hai ki why are you so angry? Kabhi tu bolta hai ki I overshadow you, sometimes you say I'm never there for you and sometimes you say all my attention is on Nandini. But I don't think any of this is the actual problem.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें