Chapter 9

Arjun Kashyap

Ananya?

Pinky?

I know that Srikanth and Pinky are the only siblings that Sharanya has. So obviously Ananya has to be Pinky.

Is Ananya Pinky?

What the fuck?

How come I couldn't recognize her?

And why would Sharanya didn't tell me about it?

Whenever Sharanya and I talk about her family, she always told me that Pinky is in the USA. She never told me that Pinky is a doctor. I looked at Sharanya and found her staring at me guiltily.

"Sharanya, I need to freshen up," I told her so that I can ask her about this.

We went to her room and I turned to her and demanded her to explain.

"I am sorry Arjun. When I learned that you and Ananya work in the same hospital I was afraid that you will again leave me and go to her. I don't want to lose you. That is the reason I lied to you." She said softly.

"I don't understand," I told her.

"After she stabbed you, you and she became friends. You left me for her and I didn't want that to happen again." She told me.

"Sharanya, I asked you to date me one hour after we met. You had thought that after asking you to date me, I would go to your sister and that too Pinky? She is a kid for god's sake" I am genuinely angry.

"You know I hate lies. On top of that, you told me that she is in America?" I asked her heatedly.

"Is everything okay between you two?" I probed her as that would have been the only reason for her to not tell about Ananya. I still could not get over the fact that Ananya is Pinky.

Sharanya suddenly hugged me and started crying. I held her automatically and consoled her. Once she has calmed down she told me, "I am so sorry Arjun. Nothing is okay between us. After you left our relationship went downhill and we hardly talk with each other and I was afraid that she will slander me to you and that you will leave me."

"Hey....Shhh....Why would I leave you, sweety? You know me. That's okay. Calm down." I comforted Sharanya.

"And mend things with her. You are the big sister. You need to take charge and as far as I know, Pinky was a nice girl and Ananya is a very sensible person. God, why am I referring to them as they are both different people?" I deliberated.

Sharanya laughed at this and said, "I am sorry again. I will try to mend things with her." she assured me.

Just then, Indira aunty called us for dinner. I looked at my watch, it's 9 PM. Ananya should be reached by now. So, that is why Ananya wanted to leave early. I wonder how she will react when she sees me here.

But wow.

Ananya is Pinky?

How should I behave with her from now on?

We don't even talk. We are going to be family soon.

Uff....

It is going to be very awkward.

We are all in the dining room when the doorbell rang. Indira aunty rushed and after ten minutes Ananya came and greeted everyone. She still has not seen me, she is talking with dadu, and then she turned to my mom and saw me and literally froze. Then she turned and greeted my mom, dad, and my sister and sat at the table. But I can see wheels turning in her head thinking why I am here and I can hear the ding when she connected the dots. She spun her head towards me and then looked at her sister and started eating.

Just then her mom told us that she is also working in Care Hospitals as a neurosurgeon. My family got stunned. I lifted my head and said,

"Yes aunty, I know her. We work together in the same department."

Srikanth looked at her surprised and asked her, "Why didn't you told us then?"

Ananya looked at her sister and replied with a blank face, "I just found out now"

Then slowly the conversation steered towards other topics but I found Ananya giving her sister blank looks and completely ignoring me, whereas Sharanya is completely avoiding seeing her. The sisters have not interacted and I understood that their relationship is almost non-existent.

The engagement date was confirmed, ten days from now and will be held in Sharanya's house. After some time, we left for Delhi. 

*********

Hi My devils,

Sorry for the late update. Hence the double update.

What do you think about Arjun/Devil's POV?

Please vote.

Thank you.