Second Year // Chapter 7

Angelina, Alicia, Fred, George, Oliver, Harry, and I walked through the corridors to get to the field. Along the way, Oliver began to speak.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer!" We all let out a small groan, as we already trained three days a week. "What the/ I don't believe it." Wood started walking faster. 

As we caught up I noticed the Slytherin team walking towards the pitch as well. I scoffed along with Fred and George as Flint waltzed up to Wood.

"This is gonna be good," I whispered.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver spoke sternly. Getting about a foot away from Flint.

"Easy, Wood." He reached into his robes. "I've got a note." Oliver sneered and roughly snatched the paper out of Flint's hand. 

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." He read aloud.

"You've got a new Seeker? Who? Angelina said from behind us. The Slytherins smiled wickedly and move out of the way to reveal none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy?" Harry and I spoke in unison.

"That's right," Draco smirked. "And that's not all that's new this year ..." He along with all the other players motioned towards their brooms. I take one look and my jaw drops to the ground.

"Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones?" Ron said. I hadn't even noticed that he and Hermione had joined us.

"A generous gift from Draco's father," Flint spoke. 

"That's right, Weasleys. You see, unlike some, my father can afford to buy the best." Draco replied arrogantly. 

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Hermione replied sassily. Draco looked at Hermione with disgust.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

I flew forward and was about to go all Godric Gryffindor on his arse when I felt Wood grab me by pulled me back as well as he held Fred and George back too.

"Save it for the match." He muttered. I sighed and before I could say anything Ron pulled his wand out.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!" I close my eyes as his spell backfires and sends him flying backward. We all rush over while the Slytherins stand there laughing their butts off.

"Ron! Say something!" Hermione spoke worriedly. 

Instead of speaking when he opened his mouth, a slimy slug dropped out of his mouth. Right as it hit the ground Colin Creevey snapped a photo.

"Not now, Colin!" I snapped as we got him on his feet.

"Let's take him to Hagrid. He'll know what to do." Harry said. We all nodded and rushed off to Hagrid's. Once we got there Hagrid handed Ron a massive bucket to vomit the slugs into. 

"Better out than in. Who was he tryin' ter curse anyway?" Hagrid asked. Hermione had her head down, and before I could speak Harry answered. 

"Malfoy, he called Hermione a ... well, I don't really know what it means." He looked over at me. I sighed and spoke quietly.

"He called her a ... a ... Mudblood." Hagrid's eyes widened and he spoke in utter shock.

"He didn't!"

Hermione raised her head and nodded slowly. I rubbed her back. Harry who still looked confused stared at us. I sighed and Ron (in between his vomits) explained it to him