23. Belle Embarrassed

Back to present day...

23. Belle Embarrassed

I squinted open my eyes to the sight of Daurien snoring obnoxiously beside me. He was wearing nothing but undergarment shorts. Blushing I examined myself and found that I was slightly indecent myself. The sheets were tangled around my legs which were bare of all clothing. My already short nightgown was scrunched up to my bellybutton. Yes, the cute lacy underwear that the closet had made me per my request was perfectly visible. My blush deepened. I fixed my nighty and smoothed my hair down. It was gross. I could feel the hardened sweat gluing the strands together. I needed a shower.

I remembered the events of the night before and was kinda embarrassed with myself. Looking at him now in the daylight, sleeping sweetly with his head lolled to face me, mouth slightly open, it was hard to believe how terrified of him I had been. He was kinda cute, in a puppy dog kind of way.

I couldn't help myself, I stared at him. His bare, well not so bare chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm. I could make out hints of toned muscle beneath his fur pretty much everywhere and wondered what he would have been like, had he been human.

He would have been hot, that's for sure. He was muscular in all the right places and he had the most gorgeous soft blue eyes. They were such a contrast to his beastly self. One might have expected someone like him to have green catlike eyes, or black eyes like a dog. Maybe if he had been human we could have had something more than this wonderful friendship we had developed.

I shook my head, ashamed of myself. Daurien had been nothing but kind to me and I respected him for it. I had no right to compare him to the standard the way I had.

I crawled out of the bed slowly, carefully, trying hard not to shake the bed for fear of waking him. I crept out of the room and almost bumped right into Teapot and her posse. I stood startled to silence.

"So sorry Miss, I meant to wake you with a cup of tea," she told me.

"Actually, what I would really love is a bath," I said.

"Of course, my dear, I will have one sent to your room straight away."

"No!" I panicked. Daurien was in there, she shouldn't wake him, "I mean well, Daurien is um..." I wasn't entirely sure how to proceed. I knew how it sounded. ..Teapot looked at the closed door suspiciously and then at me as my face heated.

"Of course," she said in a manner that made her seem both elated and embarrassed at the same time. I was positive that were she human, she would have been currently struggling to hide a smug grin. It wasn't too difficult to figure out what she thought had happened behind that door.

"No!" I repeated and continued to stutter, "It's not like that, I mean we didn't..." her manner did not change and I let out a frustrated grr. I stormed off in the other direction and called out behind me, "I'll be in the library. Please get a bath ready for me somewhere."

A/N

I don't usually make author's notes but it's been so long I feel I kinda owe you guys an explanation. I know I haven't posted in forever and this chapter is way too short and uneventful to make up for it but don't kill me just yet. I've just been insanely busy a have had no time to myself lately. I'm working on the next few chapters and things are just starting to get interesting so hang in there. Keep commenting and voting and recommending my work to people you think would enjoy it. Very few things make me happier than seeing someone enjoying my work. That's it for now, I'll try to get another chapter up soon.